Rear sofa hide-a-bed attached to rear wall??

farside291

Is the sofa attached to the back wall of the RV? I want to put a piece of the silver solar bubble stuff along that back wall. I looked down behind the sofa and there appears to be a board running along the back wall attached to the back of the sofa. I ran my hand along the board but didn't feel any screws. I don't want to just pull the sofa for fear of dam damaging something.

BusManRG

Is the sofa attached to the back wall of the RV? I want to put a piece of the silver solar bubble stuff along that back wall. I looked down behind the sofa and there appears to be a board running along the back wall attached to the back of the sofa. I ran my hand along the board but didn't feel any screws. I don't want to just pull the sofa for fear of dam damaging something.

In the hopes of trying to make our sofa more comfortable and lean back a little, I had the DH try to move the base of the sofa out a bit. I believe that involved a few unrepeatable words and removing some screws to the floor. Don't recall any to the back wall though. It seemed like moving the base was going to make the back of the sofa a bit "floppy". Concerned it could damage the sofa, the base was screwed back into its original position.

I don't think you can just "pull the sofa".

MCTalley

On our 3950FB, the sofa was originally screwed into the rear wall. I say originally, as after a hard stop, we found the sofa several inches away from the wall and two holes in the rear wallboard where the two screws used to be. We fixed that by putting a piece of 1x4 across the rear wall and attaching the 1x4 at the ends where I found studs (along with a couple other places in between). Then, I screwed the couch back into that board.

At any rate, if yours is still holding, you'll find you can get to the screws to remove them by lifting up the rear cushion assembly(ies). You'll see that board with a couple screws going into the wall.