ATF: Bighorn - Shower door knob

heyjude

We have slider shower doors in our 2013 bighorn. the knob keeps falling off. do you have a replacement part for this?

Attachments

• IMG_5582.jpg
    IMG_5582.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5583.jpg
    IMG_5583.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 84

mlpeloquin

I have an early 2014 Big Horn with the same shower door. There isn't a replacement handle. You will have to glue it on. All glues and silicone adhesives eventually fail and we have to clean it up and reattach. The newer doors apparently have a design change to fix the problem. I have not looked into the cost of a new door yet.

heyjude

I have an early 2014 Big Horn with the same shower door. There isn't a replacement handle. You will have to glue it on. All glues and silicone adhesives eventually fail and we have to clean it up and reattach. The newer doors apparently have a design change to fix the problem. I have not looked into the cost of a new door yet.

Thanks !!

padre44

Mine looks the same as yours and it is held on my a small allen set screw. If it fell out and you lost it, might be hard to find a replacement. If it is still there, just tighten it up. Will probably come loose again - mine has.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Call Heartland parts dept. and have your VIN # ready and they can help with replacement parts.

NYSUPstater

Looks exactly like the one in our new BC. In regards to the allen screw, may want to dab a lil nail polish over the head to keep it from backing out.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Take it in to Lowes/Home Depot/ or ACE, they might have a loose hardware section with various set screws....

mlpeloquin

Mine looks the same as yours and it is held on my a small allen set screw. If it fell out and you lost it, might be hard to find a replacement. If it is still there, just tighten it up. Will probably come loose again - mine has.

Later model of the shower doors, I have been informed, were changed to have allen head screws to tighten the handle on. What I do not know is if the door glass and handle has a rubber and metal plate between the glass and handle. Having a rubber and metal plate between the glass and handle is the way our home shower door was designed. I don't think that the allen head screws can apply direct pressure to the glass without shattering it.

padre44

The allen screw doesn't tighten to the glass, but goes through a small hole in the door. and into the other side of the handle. Mine has some type of plastic between the handle and glass, but it is hard to keep on while you tighten the screw. Probably not necessary because it doesn't do anything but protect the glass from scratches.