Water troubles!

Lskalski

This is our maiden voyage with our 2011 Prowler fifth wheel. We are at a camp site with electric hook up only. We filled the tanks and set up. However the low point drains were open and we lost a lot of water. The monitor said we had 1/3 left and I could hear the pump going and water would sputter out but never a stream. Now the monitor reads empty. Are the tanks just too low for it to pump? I purchased this from a reputable dealer but it hasn't been used since it's been winterized. I shut the pump off because I didn't want to damage it

jimtoo

Hi Lskalski,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and willing to share when needed.

You cannot depend on the tank level monitors to be accurate. Also if it was winterized, then the whole system needs to be flushed really good. I would not run the pump until you get more water. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with better info for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thread is moved to better area also.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our Prowler also starts making noise and spurting water when the fresh tank indicator shows 1/3.

You may have lost water out of the fresh water tank vents, which you should find one on each side under that trailer.

There are no shut-offs on those to keep water from sloshing out.

By the by . . . we are originally from southern Michigan.

danemayer

This is our maiden voyage with our 2011 Prowler fifth wheel. We are at a camp site with electric hook up only. We filled the tanks and set up. However the low point drains were open and we lost a lot of water. The monitor said we had 1/3 left and I could hear the pump going and water would sputter out but never a stream. Now the monitor reads empty. Are the tanks just too low for it to pump? I purchased this from a reputable dealer but it hasn't been used since it's been winterized. I shut the pump off because I didn't want to damage it

Hi Lskalski,

It sounds like maybe the unit was not de-winterized. Your water heater could still be in bypass mode, and the antifreeze suction valve to the pump might be partially open, allowing the pump to suck air along with the remaining water from the fresh tank. If you're now connected to city water, and the faucets are getting water, but no hot water, you may need to de-winterize the unit.

We have an owner-written Winterization Guide in this folder. De-winterizing part doesn't repeat the information on the valves, so you'll have to go through the whole guide to get the whole picture.

jbeletti

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your trouble. Out of curiosity, was your Prowler produced by Heartland or Fleetwood. Either way, members here will have good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk