Loose Electrical Wire

Nuclearcowboy

I had to drop a short section of the Cloroplast when replacing my refrigerator ice maker line with stainless braided line. When I dropped the liner, I noticed an unconnected white Romex electrical line hanging loose under the belly area near the refrigerator/tank area. I checked I this line and, behold, it was hot with 120V AC - not even taped on the end and not connected to anything.

With that said, I have two questions (besides the fact that this is unsatisfactory):

- what could this possibly have been for? Everything works fine in my unit.
- I have the Yeti package on my unit - when turning the switches on to power up the tank heaters, the switch lights come on, but how can I be sure the tank heaters are actually energized? I'm wondering if there could be any relationship between the two?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

WOW that's not good at all !!!!!
I wonder how many more of us have the same wire hanging down, ready to short out ???

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Suggest flip off circuit breakers one at a time while measuring current to help isolate where this might lead to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuclearcowboy

Suggest flip off circuit breakers one at a time while measuring current to help isolate where this might lead to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great suggestion but I'll have to wait until I pull down the Cloroplast next time - it is a pain to take this down!

Nuclearcowboy

Was the Yeti tank heater switch ON at the time? If not, it would be something else.

No, we haven't needed the tank heaters yet, so we keep them off. Since everything else works, I'm thinking this is a pig-tailed wire that may be used for other accessories or models and they just forgot to secure it properly. A lot of the basic frames and wiring are standard when these units start their build.