Considering purchase of 2010 Edge 19.

Maine-iac

Greetings from Maine. Wife & I are considering purchase of a 2010 Edge-19. I'm a bit confused after Googling for a day or two... THis Heartland site and elsewhere the Heartland owners are very happy. Found a ******-off owners site that was frightening about leaks, issues, and poor dealer service. Local RV dealer dropped franchise cause of warranty issues.

To be or not to be the new owner of this 2010 Edge-19.... Do I take a chanve on this unit or keep moving in my search for something 20; or under?

Advice?

Thanks,
Bill

carl.swoyer

Seven years old, I would suggest that you look at a newer version/ model.
Water intrusion detection a must. Check out the roof for soft spot and delamination under the roof membrane. You also need to look at , has the roof ever been resealed . If the unit has slides watch them go in and out,they should seal inside and outside as well as go in and out smoothly. Make sure the fridge runs as it should both on ac and propane. Look at the bottom of the slide floor check for rotten wood or abnormal wear. Look at the DOT numbers on your tires to see how old they are. Windows for fogging or signs of leaking.
I'm not trying to scare you but buying a used Rv and no warranty can ruin the experience. Do your homework and learning what to look for is my best advice. Remember once you take delivery it's yours and don't take someone else's word as to the condition.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Maine-iac

Thank. Good advice. I saw quite a bit of ceiling edges caulking and a spot on the ceiling. I passed on the deal this morning.

Thanks for your time & advice Carl.