2014 Road Warrior 310 sofa peeling

amstelly

The sofa in my 2014 Road Warrior has completely lost the top layer of vinyl/pleather--it's been coming off in sheets over the last year. Heartland says it's out of the one year warranty and won't do anything to help. I know this is a huge problem... Surely some of you have had the same problem? Are you just replacing the sofa with a residential sofa or recovering the original? Looking for a cost effective solution here. I'm still completely shocked that the sofa didn't even last 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

fastcarsspeed

Its called bonded leather and is horrible. We had a leather chair in our living room that did it. If you go and purchase a new sofa just make sure if you go with Leather it is not bonded. They have gone away from it for the most part but not completely.

paleclaire

Ditto, just noticed my recliner in my 2014 Gateway is separating on the headrest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rleetsc

The sofa in my 2014 Road Warrior has completely lost the top layer of vinyl/pleather--it's been coming off in sheets over the last year. Heartland says it's out of the one year warranty and won't do anything to help. I know this is a huge problem... Surely some of you have had the same problem? Are you just replacing the sofa with a residential sofa or recovering the original? Looking for a cost effective solution here. I'm still completely shocked that the sofa didn't even last 2 years.

We have a 2014 cyclone 4000 and it's doing the same thing. Both sofas and even the trim on the windows is doing it. It's just flaking off and is awful. I would love to know what others are doing to resolve..

rleetsc

We have been looking at options but our Cyclone 4000 has a reclining sectional sofa as well as the reclining loveseat. The loveseat would be easy but the sectional will be more difficult as it has a portion of it that comes apart when you bring the slides in.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My recliner peeled and we replaced both with a better residential brand.

carl.swoyer

We love our residential leather furniture from Carolina factory outlet here in Florida.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Toterhome

We have a 2012 and the sofa/combination recliners are really getting bad. We blamed it on the dogs running about, but after reading this perhaps they aren't the blame. They really haven't been on it that much. I was looking closely and researching the situation. I considered trying to remove the covers and having a company cut me out new pieces to replace and recover. Only the seating is bad at this time. Anyone done this? It appears that they are stapled in place and no doubt extensive to remove, but I am willing to try if it is doable. Maybe I am the first to try this? Looks like an over the winter project in the making. It really is ugly and won't get any better.

woolsack

We have a '13 415 RW Road Warrior and ALSO have the amazing disintegrating sofa material. And once it stated to go it is as if there is a virus, the whole couch is affected. At first I thought was my greasy ol' bald head area since I kick back in that last recliner closest to the TV but neigh I say. The degradation may have started there but generally all areas where there may be a nip and tuck, fold or crease, has started to degrade and sluff off and produce foam rubber type dust. Very disappointing but not a real surprise. I just want to fix it as original but if the Company won't help with a replacement, bought, supplied, or otherwise I'll just find a reasonably close material and reupholster the whole dang thing and move on.

dave10a

my furniture faux leather started to peel last year. I am getting close to trading in this trailer for a new one. Furniture quality is another thing on my check list. It is hard to tell what will hold up. But I think the furniture mfg. is a good place to start as well as a close visual of construction and comparing high/low end units among the competition. Sees like my check list is growing :)

349palmav

We have a 2012 Road Warrior with the same issue. When it starts there in no turning back. Taking it out today, taking the saw to it and taking it to the road for the garbage man. Replacing with a residential sofa.
They (Heartland) should be ashamed. These were not cheap units,
Susie W
Bunnell, Fl

Toterhome

Good Day,

I just wanted to follow up on my experience with the L shaped sofa I reported on earlier in this thread. It took me about three hours to disassemble the couch and remove the THOUSANDS of staples that held just the bottom cushions on. I decided to have just the tops redone at the upholstery shop. Some things I discovered that may help someone else in the future are, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

1. If you remove the cup hold at the center of the L unit, the screws that hold it in place are there. This took a long time to find, but those two are the only thing that hold that portion of
the unit in place.
2. The top cushions (or backs) in the L portion flip up.
3. The top cushions on the main couch/recliners do not, but they do lift up and the bottom cushion then flips forward, all but the small on at the end, it is attached front and back
4. That last small section against the wall has a face plate on it. Remove that to access the stapled front section
5. There were only three small L brackets that attached the main couch/recliner to the floor.
6. And one large drywall screw that I didn't know was still in the frame, DON'T ASK ME WHY I KNOW THIS, BUT NOW THERE IS A HUGE TEAR IN THE KITCHEN LINOLEUM, and I'll be
replacing that soon too. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!
7. Upon removal I found a wet spot in the hidden corner. Had I not move the couch, I most likely wouldn't have found it for a LONG time. Rotted the floor about a foot in diameter,
repaired that first.
8. Found that the L unit was not properly constructed and I finished attaching several pieces of wood that were just loose or broken.
9. It took two weeks for the upholstery to be completed, and cost $600 because some of the bottom fabrics were in very bad shape too! (reading this you'd think I had ten kids and lived
in it full time) but that's not the case at all. We take very good care of things. Just poor material and construction is the bottom line.
10. After extensive cleaning to make sure I got all the staples and loose material cleaned up, I reinstalled the cushions with my swingline staple gun. That only took about an hour and half to make them look good again. I have to reinstall the face plate and hidden door, then mound the couch and L unit back in tight, but that won't take too long I think.

So it looks good, but remember a lot of original material still remains, I hope that it holds up, but as far as the degrading seat cushions, they now look like new. Now to replace the flooring, which means off to another thread to see who knows the best way to complete that task. Lastly, I have discovered that when I leave my slides in for storage, I get a large wet spot under the refrigerator area of the slide when it is moved back out, Gotta figure out is causing that???? It must be a weather seal some where but WHERE??????

I am sometimes questioning my love of RV'ing LOL!!!!!!!!

See YA

carl.swoyer

Please see my post on Best furniture. Genuine leather furniture from Carolina factory outlet. Some people have followed by purchasing real furniture. You can Google Best furniture and find retailers who carry it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk