Can I show myself the money

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
Hello All,

Just wondering if Heartland allowed customer P/U. We would save a pant load by having the option to pick the unit up ourselves. Plus we could really enjoy the trip back home. I figure even with gas wear and tear my lovely wife driving in the co pilot seat :) and the speeding tickets I am bound to get to get up there to see it. Oh well :D

jbeletti

Sorry AS - Heartland sells through dealers only. Lakeshore RVs are close in Muskegon, MI and Hartland RV Outlet is right in Elkhart. If you elected to buy from either, they may be closer for you.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Trust me, you won't save as much as you think you are. We spend roughly 50% of the shipping costs in fuel alone to deliver a unit and return add in food, lodging, tire wear, maintenance, repairs, permits for an unregistered, untitled vehicle etc there goes another 25% or more.

Dealers still have stuff they have to do to the units after they receive them as well as go through the pre delivery inspection with you. PDI is to your benefit, It's your turn to inspect and have every flaw you find (either something overlooked at the factory or damage done while sitting on the dealers lot) repaired to your satisfaction before taking delivery.

bigredtruck

We are saving a ton by buying in Michigan from Lakeshore but DH is driving there from the West Coast to pick up the unit. We thought about having it delivered but in order to do the PDI to our satisfaction (using information from this website), it is more economical to go get it. But pmmjarrett is right, the cost of fuel and lodging etc, eats into the the savings. And of course the wear & tear on your vehicle counts for something as well. You just have to weigh what is important to you.