Another Big Country 4010RD Office Mod

AFMagnum

When we started looking at RVs to full time in, a big factor of the floor plan was to have space we could turn into an office in order to work from home. This led us to the Big Country 4010RD since it had two couches facing each other and a love seat facing the TV. The idea was to remove one of the couches and replace it with a desk which would leave plenty of seating for us and guests while not having to "convert" spaces depending on what we were currently doing (working, entertaining, eating, etc).

After seeing TravelTiger's thread about doing that exact thing, we were sold. SO, we finally have our 4010RD and just put in the desk. We got extremely lucky and the existing L-desk I had in the house turned out to be the perfect size if I simply took off the extension (the piece that makes it an "L" shape).

Pics below, enjoy!

81be92f9f1af49dcb3e73c25dbb672da.jpg
202d77520fd5182a330c84cffcb9e89f.jpg
0d0109602d8c268cb6daa37bf072e2a7.jpg
0b577e624bd077903296d04f5d85587b.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow! Looks great! Glad we could inspire you! I love my desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

WOW! That looks great!!! To add a little humor, saw a RV show on tv awhile back and they were talking w/ folks who bought/spec'd for them MH's. Usually high $$$ ones. Owners said to guests (even their own kids), "you're welcome to come visit, but don't plan on spending the night".

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The cool thing about the 4010RD (or the BH 3970RD) is that you still have a slide with a couch, for guests, and a reclining loveseat for you. Tony's sister came and stayed with us, and used the couch that folds out to a bed. We returned it to a couch each day. She stayed 4 nights with us.

AFMagnum

Yep, exactly what TravelTiger said. We still have another couch that turns into a queen bed for visitors.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
The cool thing about the 4010RD (or the BH 3970RD) is that you still have a slide with a couch, for guests, and a reclining loveseat for you. Tony's sister came and stayed with us, and used the couch that folds out to a bed. We returned it to a couch each day. She stayed 4 nights with us.

You made Tori sleep on the couch? Lol