free star tires

fljlcw

sorry for beating A dead horse but does anybody know about this brand its g rated would like to know how to read serial number thanks in advance

Kevin and Henny White

Past California-Central Chapter Leaders
Why is there a problem with them? We have a 2008 3670Rl with the freestar tires FS 574 am a little worried after hearing all the problems.Is there a recall on them?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I am not familiar with the Freestar brandname but check where they are made. If they are made in China it is probably only a matter of time before you join the club the rest of us are in and that is the "It went boom" club. I think most of us have replaced the China Bombs with the Goodyear G 614 tires.

Forrest Fetherolf

Why is there a problem with them? We have a 2008 3670Rl with the freestar tires FS 574 am a little worried after hearing all the problems.Is there a recall on them?

The major problem with the cheap import "china bombs" vs "G614 RST" is about 22 lbs/tire, "G614 RST" weighed 58 lbs and the Trail America "G's" only 36 lbs. The cheap tires do not have the material needed for strength.

Forrest

Kevin and Henny White

Tires

Thanks Forrest,
I am going to talk my husband into changing the tires just needed to know what I was talking about.There are times when my husband thinks I am just Betty Crocker. Well called the tire dealer so I would know How much of the green backs I would need the goodyears G614 are $271 each.:eek:

jmgratz

$271 is a fair price. I paid $265 for my first set of 614's and then when I was on the road and had to replace one it cost $381. Luckly the trucking company paid for it due to their dropping debris that ruined the tire. (Discount tire is not always the cheapest.)

Forrest Fetherolf

Thanks Forrest,
I am going to talk my husband into changing the tires just needed to know what I was talking about.There are times when my husband thinks I am just Betty Crocker. Well called the tire dealer so I would know How much of the green backs I would need the goodyears G614 are $271 each.:eek:

Betty Crocker and Pillsbury Doughboy......:):):)

Shop around for the G614's, You may find them for around $235 mounted and balanced. Costco? http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/site/1284278/product/RG614

Forrest

Kevin and Henny White

Forrest,
Thank you so much for all the insight!! We have been really looking into this we are going to replace the tires with the G614.
Betty Crocker and Doughboy!!

tkdmike

After reading this thread I got on the web site link Forrest provided and the G 614 tires are on sale for $218. I ordered four for our 09 3600 RL. Been down this road with SOB trailer - two blow outs, one tread separation, one tread deterioration (chunks missing) and one starting to go, body work to both sides of the trailer, propane lines torn out, etc. I've only pulled the trailer from the dealer to the RV campground where we live and I'm not taking the chance. Will change out the tires as soon as they arrive.

Anybody want to buy a set of almost new Freestar tires?

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
After reading this thread I got on the web site link Forrest provided and the G 614 tires are on sale for $218. I ordered four for our 09 3600 RL. Been down this road with SOB trailer - two blow outs, one tread separation, one tread deterioration (chunks missing) and one starting to go, body work to both sides of the trailer, propane lines torn out, etc. I've only pulled the trailer from the dealer to the RV campground where we live and I'm not taking the chance. Will change out the tires as soon as they arrive.

Anybody want to buy a set of almost new Freestar tires?

Not a bad price, cheaper than what I paid, but I also took out a warranty from Discount Tire on mine and got each one balanced. Why not buy a fifth tire for the spare. I had one of my 614s blow out in Atlanta and couldn't get another one until we got to Kentucky. Do you really want an almost new or new Freestar tire to ride on for awhile if one of the 614s does blow?

jmgratz

I had the metal end of a rubber bungee cord go through one of our 614's and ruin it. Luckily we had a new 614 for a spare. We were able to find a replacement 614 at Discount Tires in Amarillo, Tx. Go for the 5th 614 for the spare.

tkdmike

OOOOH Brother! I can't believe I didn't think about the spare and just bought four tires. I know I ought to thank you guys for reminding me and when I get over feeling like an idiot - I will.

Okay, better now. Thanks for reminding me.

Mike