ATF: North Trail - What is the wire under the plastic cover?

MichaelV

I have a North Trail 23RBS. What is the wire for that is that is located under a black plastic cover in the right front storage compartment?

MichaelV

No. I am talking about IN the front storage compartment on the floor against the front wall, to the right, is a black cover with two screws. Inside is what looks like a 110V romex wire. What your talking about is outside on the left front.

MichaelV

I can't post pictures, but anyone that has a "15-"17 23RBS can't miss the 3"x7" black box on the floor inside the front storage compartment.
Mike

redevil

I can't post pictures, but anyone that has a "15-"17 23RBS can't miss the 3"x7" black box on the floor inside the front storage compartment.
Mike

Ah, that is for the power leveling jack control if it had it would be located. On mine since it is not the Caliber model doesn't have it there.

MichaelV

I don't think so as the controls are a foot away and front/rear have separate controls. It looks like it runs up the front fiberglass nose piece but the a/c is in the rear. I will take the cover off the front jack controls and see if the wires are in romex.
Mike

Last edited:

MichaelV

Ok. I removed the front stabilizer jack controls and its not the same wires. What ever it is has to be 110v. There is 1 romex running thru the front frame already so I don't know why this would come out of the front wall and down into the floor?
Still thinkin....

Mike

MichaelV

I wonder if that is the route for the power to the outlets next to the bed.

It may be but that's the long way around being the breaker panel is in the island, so they would have to go up to the front under the cabinets where the outlets are, then up the front wall and back under the cabinets. I will figure this out this week as I am going to install an inverter in the front storage compartment and run one dedicated 110 line to the tv wall at the foot of the bed and install a receptacle for the sat and tv.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
That is where the wires are routed for the two 110 outlets on either side of the bed.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
It may be but that's the long way around being the breaker panel is in the island, so they would have to go up to the front under the cabinets where the outlets are, then up the front wall and back under the cabinets. I will figure this out this week as I am going to install an inverter in the front storage compartment and run one dedicated 110 line to the tv wall at the foot of the bed and install a receptacle for the sat and tv.

It might be a bit longer route but considering how the cabinets and front storage bunk are assembled at the factory it might be the easy route since. I will have to trace my wiring sometime and see if that is the route.