2017 Charleston vs. 2018 Charleston

Kdawson5

Hello! My name is Lori and my husband and I are planning to purchase a Landmark Charleston in the near future. We have been able to tour several 2017 models but have not seen a 2018 in person yet ( just a few pictures ). I know that the refrigerator has been changed and the dinette chairs are different in the 2018. If anyone knows of other changes either cosmetic or mechanical I would really appreciate the information. Thank you so much!

danemayer

Hi Kdawson5,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Heartland usually makes changes about every 6 months. The mid-2017 models produced starting around October 2016 have a number of changes from the ones produced starting around March 2016. 2018s will certainly also have changes.

One change I recently saw is in the 12V electrical. The 50 amp 12V DC circuit breakers coming off the batteries have been replaced by an 80 amp breaker. That should help the hydraulics pump to run without any pauses.

I'm sure others will chime in with what they've seen.

Mark-Roberta 051995

Good morning everyone. First, I am new to the forum and new to the ownership of a Heartland Landmark 365. We will be taking delivery of our Charleston on 8/19/17. We reviewed the build date sticker and it shows a build date of 12/16 so I am assuming this is a mid-2017 model. We will be getting the Black / Silver paint scheme. I have not seen any '18's to compare it to, just photos. We did speak with some folks over the weekend that had a 2016 and they love it. They are in theirs full time. This brings me to my question and opinion on one item that OP may think about and review:

1. The refrigerator is slammed to the right side of the opening so tight that the right hand door hits the column when trying to open the door. Our unit has the side by side fridge. The door handle also hits the knobs on the cabinets. When speaking with the folks that we met that own the '16 - they have the same issue and Heartland said there is nothing they can do to adjust.
2. When the right hand door is open and since this is a side by side model the bottom 2 slide out compartments of the fridge are very hard to open as they hit the seal. This is due to the door opening is not enough from the handle hitting the cabinet door. We may place a low profile knob some of the cabinets to help out but would rather see Heartland step up as this clearly a design issue. We are currently working with the dealer to remedy this issue and they state they will be contacting Heartland on this concern prior to our delivery.

Anyways, to the OP just do a quick review of all items that open and close to make sure nothing hits or rubs during normal use. Good luck in your selection and am sure you will like what you see.

Mark