EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Sevierville - 4/26/2018 to 4/29/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB2012

We have made our reservations for the rally. Arriving 4/22/18. Leaving 4/29/18. Site #145.
We will be coming from the rally at Stone Mountain.

Richard & Bonnie Waltman - HOC# 2203

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Count us in for the show. Think I can get on one of those rope swings?😆. On second thought, I’ll stick to the dinner table.

david-steph2018

Greetings all,

We need your help on a quick poll regarding a dinner show at the rally.

I've had a few inquiries about attending one of the many dinners shows in the area as part of our Rally agenda. If you've never been to one, we very much encourage it. They are very good and sprinkle in clean humor. I was once a skeptic, but have been converted ;)

All the show are about the same price. Since many attended the Hatfield and McCoy dinner show (ask Ricky and Rachel about the spoon ;) at the 2015 Region Rally, we thought we would try the newest show in town to avoid repeats.

The Smoky Mountain Adventures Dinner Show (https://smokymountainadventures.com) gets very good reviews (links below) and is billed as "Cirque de Solei meets the mountains." I'll leave that interpretation up to you.

The details are:
1. We would attend the 6p show on Saturday, 4/28
2. The group rate per couple is about $95 which is roughly an $18 savings off retail. Basically, it's better level seating and the lesser level price.
3. an absolute minimum of 20 people is required for the group rate. That's the rules and I don't make 'em
4. we would need to have your check by 3/15 to put down a guaranteed deposit

So we would very much appreciate a quick "yea, I'm definitely in" or "no-way-jose" response by 2/15. We'll go with the majority. If we end up not doing the show perhaps we'll come up with a good ole chitlin-based meal at the RV resort. We'll figure it out ;)

https://smokymountains.com/pigeon-forge/things-to-do/smoky-mountain-adventures/
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...untain_Adventures-Pigeon_Forge_Tennessee.html

You can put David & Steph in for the show. We would love to see the show.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We have made our reservations for the rally. Arriving 4/22/18. Leaving 4/29/18. Site #145.
We will be coming from the rally at Stone Mountain.

Richard & Bonnie Waltman - HOC# 2203
Richard and Bonnie: Thank you for signing up for the TN rally. We're looking forward to seeing you

JJC

Greetings All,
Here are a few updates on the TN Rally.
  1. Dinner Show. The quick responses have been very positive so The Smoky Mountain Adventures Dinner Show is a go for Saturday, April 28th at 6p. Please give us until Tuesday to receive the contract then we will communicate the final price (estimated to be about $95) and with instructions for your check due by 3/15 so we can make our guaranteed deposit payment. We will deposit all checks into our dedicated HOC TN Chapter bank account.
  2. Rally Attendance. We reserved 50 sites and now have 44 attendees. With only 6 sites left, if anyone is on the fence, we encourage you to sign up now. This resort is very popular and we won't be in a position to make large additions.
  3. Resort WiFi. We updated post #1 last week, but want to make sure you saw the update on WiFi at the resort. River Plantation is transitioning from resort-wide wifi (which suffered bandwidth issues from streaming) to 3 dedicated hotspots.
  4. Activities during the rally week. 75% of group is coming in at least 1 day in advance of the rally and the vast majority at least 2 days in advance. With that in mind, we'll likely put together some informal gatherings for those interested. At a minimum, we'll arrange a group dinner just down the road from the resort and perhaps a trip into Gatlinburg and some rooftop relaxing at the Loco Burro. In addition, if anyone is into hiking (actual walking or motorized) let me know. We can arrange a hike suitable for the group or we can drive the Roaring Fork Motor Trail (http://www.gsmnp.com/roaring-fork-motor-nature-trail/) which is basically a Smoky Mountain drive through.

John and Melinda

Kbvols

Greetings All,
Here are a few updates on the TN Rally.
  1. Dinner Show. The quick responses have been very positive so The Smoky Mountain Adventures Dinner Show is a go for Saturday, April 28th at 6p. Please give us until Tuesday to receive the contract then we will communicate the final price (estimated to be about $95) and with instructions for your check due by 3/15 so we can make our guaranteed deposit payment. We will deposit all checks into our dedicated HOC TN Chapter bank account.
  2. Rally Attendance. We reserved 50 sites and now have 44 attendees. With only 6 sites left, if anyone is on the fence, we encourage you to sign up now. This resort is very popular and we won't be in a position to make large additions.
  3. Resort WiFi. We updated post #1 last week, but want to make sure you saw the update on WiFi at the resort. River Plantation is transitioning from resort-wide wifi (which suffered bandwidth issues from streaming) to 3 dedicated hotspots.
  4. Activities during the rally week. 75% of group is coming in at least 1 day in advance of the rally and the vast majority at least 2 days in advance. With that in mind, we'll likely put together some informal gatherings for those interested. At a minimum, we'll arrange a group dinner just down the road from the resort and perhaps a trip into Gatlinburg and some rooftop relaxing at the Loco Burro. In addition, if anyone is into hiking (actual walking or motorized) let me know. We can arrange a hike suitable for the group or we can drive the Roaring Fork Motor Trail (http://www.gsmnp.com/roaring-fork-motor-nature-trail/) which is basically a Smoky Mountain drive through.

John and Melinda

Margaritas on the roof top of the Loco Burro!!!! Is it April yet?.

Funny out of all the great info you provided the rooftop at the Loco Burro is what stood out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark-Roberta 051995

Happy Monday everyone. At this time the wife and I will not be attending the Saturday night dinner. We are going to relax and enjoy the campground with others that do not go. We will start the fire and have the bar open for when everyone returns. :cool:

JJnVA

Jack & Judi will be pulling in to site 136 on Sunday April 22 from the SE Regional Rally.
Looking forward to rallying on! (Will depart on 4/29)

Must decline on the dinner show. Relaxing by the Camp fire with adult beverages is a thumbs up for us on Saturday evening!

F_Goose

1. Activities during the rally week. 75% of group is coming in at least 1 day in advance of the rally and the vast majority at least 2 days in advance. With that in mind, we'll likely put together some informal gatherings for those interested. At a minimum, we'll arrange a group dinner just down the road from the resort and perhaps a trip into Gatlinburg and some rooftop relaxing at the Loco Burro. In addition, if anyone is into hiking (actual walking or motorized) let me know. We can arrange a hike suitable for the group or we can drive the Roaring Fork Motor Trail (http://www.gsmnp.com/roaring-fork-motor-nature-trail/) which is basically a Smoky Mountain drive through.

Regarding the activities:

We will most likely pass on the Sat. Dinner Show.
We would be very interested in a group dinner, a trip to Gatlinburg or any rooftop relaxing!

We are also into hiking and biking so have much interest. We are on the adventurist side though and are looking for a 7-8 miler to a peak or falls... I've looked at your link to Great Smoky Mountains NP and searched the hikes they recommend there. We would be willing to organize a hike if anyone else is interested.

If anyone is familiar with this area can you recommend a hike or two? Any good biking trails?

Thanks all, we are looking forward to it!

marthamscott

We are registered at the campground arriving on the 23rd (from Stone Mountain) and staying through Sunday. They have assigned site 148 to us.

See you in April

Martha & Henry Scott

Heath2018

Hi Everyone,

We just put down a deposit on a Landmark Savannah with an ETA of March 1. We will be full-timing on a permanent site at an RV Park a couple hours west from the rally's location. I was wondering if we could still attend without actually having to camp there? Would it be terribly ackward to roll up without a fifth wheel in tow? I thought it might be fun to get to meet other owners. We are as new as they come to this lifestyle. I think I would do well to just sit around and listen to what all the experienced RVers have to share. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and respond.

The Heaths

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi Everyone,

We just put down a deposit on a Landmark Savannah with an ETA of March 1. We will be full-timing on a permanent site at an RV Park a couple hours west from the rally's location. I was wondering if we could still attend without actually having to camp there? Would it be terribly ackward to roll up without a fifth wheel in tow? I thought it might be fun to get to meet other owners. We are as new as they come to this lifestyle. I think I would do well to just sit around and listen to what all the experienced RVers have to share. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and respond.

The Heaths

I'm sure the Chapter leader will comment, but I'll say no, it's not a problem to come without a rig. We've done it at a few North Texas Chapter Rallies! We actually were about 4 hours away from the Rally, so we arrived on Saturday AM and stayed overnight in a hotel, visited some more on Sunday and then headed home.

We have some folks coming to our West Texas Rally that live in the town where the Rally is being held, so they are not bringing their rig.

We encourage folks to come and see what rallies are all about, and get to know the other members of the "Heartland Family"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Afternoon,
The Harvey’s are out for dinner. I am also in for a few cold ones fireside if the situation presents itself.
Travel safe and looking forward to meeting everyone!

JJC

Jack & Judi will be pulling in to site 136 on Sunday April 22 from the SE Regional Rally.
Looking forward to rallying on! (Will depart on 4/29)

Must decline on the dinner show. Relaxing by the Camp fire with adult beverages is a thumbs up for us on Saturday evening!
Thank you for signing up Jack and Judi. We're looking forward to seeing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.