New front living Big Country Plan

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Saw this on Facebook today. Big Country 3810 FL

ac3fd13753ced4ee92351473f81799b2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Nancy says "got that right!" Guess it's for those that eat out every meal...

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
No counter space and less storage in the kitchen.Stella would hate it so I'm out!

jo9463

I feel that in many of the front living units kitchen space is borrowed for space in the living room. There's one front living unit I found that had decent kitchen space but there was something else Andy didn't like about it.

*Its the Landmark Madison that I found with the FL with a decent kitchen. Andy likes the Charleston.

Last edited:

gasman

Camp Socializer
Maybe if they put an island in the kitchen with the sink or stove in it, that would give plenty of workspace.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was also thinking with the slide in it would be pretty difficult to get to the fridge or pantry.

NYSUPstater

Think we saw a FL made by someone that had an island and decent counter space. In fact 1 FL made by Montana had a HUGE pantry. Plus, looking at the BC FL, it also seems that the table/chair slide isn't all that wide, but looks could be deceiving. Had a cousin that had a Monty FL years ago and they said it was always very warm up there. Not sure if they had 2 A/C's or not, but a definite requirement IMO.

esscobra

from looks of pic - don't think you can get to fridge with slide in at all- and waste space next to fridge- they need to re-do like with the landmark model we had input on- or make the designers spend time in units then make designs

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
from looks of pic - don't think you can get to fridge with slide in at all- and waste space next to fridge- they need to re-do like with the landmark model we had input on- or make the designers spend time in units then make designs

DW and I have made that comment many times. Non-users really have no clue about some aspects of RV living

NYSUPstater

DW and I have made that comment many times. Non-users really have no clue about some aspects of RV living

I have to laugh at your comment because my Mom said the very same thing several years back about the rear handhold locations in our '03 super duty. All placed along top of door instead of down low on "B" pillar. Went onto say, "Think a man designed it".

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Looking at the lay out, they could redesign the kitchen a bit. Take the pantry out and move the fridge to the end of the wall, take away the
little counter, add upper and lower cabinets next to the stove. Then on the other side, table and chairs, make the slide bigger and then move that slide down toward the bedroom. Eliminate the window there. Then if possible add island to give more counter space.

Just an idea.:rolleyes:

Bruce / Terri

D_BTravelers

After 3 years of traveling in SOB 35' trailer we had a pretty good "must have" and "would really like to have" list when we went shopping for our new FW. Some of the things you see in RV designs really makes you scratch your head and wonder if the designer has even seen the inside of a RV. This is especially true with some of the RV's that have bunks for children and NO kitchen counter space or storage, no linen storage, and a 8 cu.ft. refrigerator! Oh sure they have a 32" HDTV in the bunk house but no place to keep food, towels, or cold items. Ads tell you "SLEEPS 10!" what they fail to mention is there is storage for 2 people at best.

I suggest that all new RV designers be handed the keys to one of their company's RVs on their first day at work and instructed to take the family out for 30 days with pay. They have to change sites a minimum of 6 times in the 30 days and have to travel at least 500 miles from their home. RV design would radically improve and very quickly! Indeed the FL models seem to steal from the kitchen space, although we do like the idea and some of them are stunning to sit in.