How "custom" can we go when ordering a newly made Road Warrior 427?

Kristy

We've decided to order from our dealer a new Road Warrior 427. I'm confused as to what we can change in our order. I have the "options" sheet, but the things I'd like changed are not listed as an option. For example, in the 2017 RW427 the five-seat sofa has only UBS ports, not 110 outlets. So we want the sofa with 110 outlets (this sofa is in the 2016 RW427). Also, can we ask the factory to install more 110 outlets in the bedroom and kitchen? There is only one outlet in the kitchen.

How far does "Oh, yeah, we'll fix that for ya" actually go?

Thanks.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I would call Heartland, ask for the RW rep and ask these questions. I wouldn't imagine a dealer sales person would know.

mlpeloquin

We've decided to order from our dealer a new Road Warrior 427. I'm confused as to what we can change in our order. I have the "options" sheet, but the things I'd like changed are not listed as an option. For example, in the 2017 RW427 the five-seat sofa has only UBS ports, not 110 outlets. So we want the sofa with 110 outlets (this sofa is in the 2016 RW427). Also, can we ask the factory to install more 110 outlets in the bedroom and kitchen? There is only one outlet in the kitchen.

How far does "Oh, yeah, we'll fix that for ya" actually go?

Thanks.

That means the dealer will, on his word, wire it in. Not factory. I do not think you will get the factory to do the custom wiring changes. If the dealer does add electrical sockets, they may only add to a already loaded breaker and not add a new breaker for the additional sockets. So your going to have to get everything in writing including how the new sockets are to be wired in. You do not want to overload the existing wiring.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Heartland is a good company, but they are producing 11-13 rigs a day out of these plants. There's no time for customizing. If you truly want custom, Augusta RV, now called the RV Factory -- advertises the ultimate buying experience, with a degree of customization, and entirely factory direct. You also pay a pretty penny for that.

Heartland RVs are mass produced, with limited options. If your dealer is willing to make changes, get it in writing, and negotiate the price of the changes into your deal.

We, of course, want you in the Heartland Family, but want you to understand the limitations of a mass production RV manufacturer.

BLR

Re: How "custom" can we go when ordering a newly made Road Warrior 427?

We did a custom order changed a few things and added a few things.. We wanted the cam locks for all 3 tables the garage & DR. They installed cam locks in garage but put the old style with hole in DR, but they gave us the cam locks for DR.. hindsight wish we would of elimated the DR table as we never use it and never will.
We had them add 2 of the swivel chairs that came in another model, but they forgot to put them in the trailer when it left Elkhart.. They finally arrived 2 months later in another trailer delivery.
So my thoughts are just go with the options then do customizing yourself.
We ordered our trailer in July 2016 with never seeing the floorplan we wanted in person till we took delivery of ours. Not many 4018 on the west coast we would of had to travel to even see one..
We were very lucky on our late 2017 Cyclone it came with lots of new upgrades compared to early 2017
Good luck on your purchase and have FUN

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk