EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Abilene - 3/16/2018 to 3/18/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Lil Guy'

We're arriving Thursday. Sorry, I didn't see an agenda are know of a Friday AM affair. No problem. Matter of fact, I've never heard of anything ever happening at a regular rally on the AM of the start date. I guess the B E is just not meant to happen at a W Texas rally. See everyone there. Later and have a great day.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We're arriving Thursday. Sorry, I didn't see an agenda are know of a Friday AM affair. No problem. Matter of fact, I've never heard of anything ever happening at a regular rally on the AM of the start date. I guess the B E is just not meant to happen at a W Texas rally. See everyone there. Later and have a great day.

Oh Frank, I didn't realize that you were arriving Thursday! You know, we did have a Frank Baker Memorial Breakfast Extravaganza at our first rally in Quanah, you just weren't there to partake!

For our rallies, We've tried to have more group events, since 95% of the folks typically arrive before Friday. We have some great things in the works, and to get them all in, we will begin things earlier in the day on Friday.

Let's put the BE "on hold" until we get our complete schedule more nailed down, OK?

TravelTiger

All considering or planning to attend the West Texas Rally,

We are planning a trip for a guided tour at Dyess Air Force Base. The guided tour will include Dyess Museum, weapons load barn and the Linear Air Park, from 9AM to Noon, Friday, March 16th. (They do not do tours on Saturday.)

About the Dyess Linear Air Park:
The massive Dyess Air Force Base, adjacent to Abilene, is home to the Air Force's Air Combat Command. The Dyess Linear Air Park, on the grounds of the base, displays aircraft from World War II, the Korean and Vietnam wars, plus Gulf War I. There are 32 planes total, all displayed outdoors in the park. Among the planes on display are B-52 bombers, B-17G Flying Fortress and eight different fighter planes.

We will have to submit clearance info to the base 4 weeks before the tour for everyone planning to go. Please indicate if you are interested in going on the tour.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Erika,

We will go on the tour. I'll be making reservations after our Fall rally.

HornedToad

The HornedToad & Helen have reservations arriving March 15th and departing the 19th. Space #79, I told them to put me in the back in case I want to start a fire.

Lil Guy... I can bring my griddles if you want to use em to cook breakfast?

44bcab71adddfa0da4f91a71be61362f.jpg
0f8477443ba83c9a770c2421d2c37d2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

The HornedToad & Helen have reservations arriving March 15th and departing the 19th. Space #79, I told them to put me in the back in case I want to start a fire.

Lil Guy... I can bring my griddles if you want to use em to cook breakfast?

44bcab71adddfa0da4f91a71be61362f.jpg
0f8477443ba83c9a770c2421d2c37d2a.jpg

Mike, so glad you guys are coming! I don't know if we'll have a time for the breakfast extravaganza, so hold off just yet. Friday AM (March 16) we have a tour of the Dyess Air Force Base starting at 9am. Are you and/or Helen going to want to attend?

HornedToad

Put us down for the tour... I hope I can pass the background check???

pegmikef

Please put Peggy and I down for the tour.

Erika, several of us have military IDs and won't have to register with the visitors' center before driving on to base.

TravelTiger

Please put Peggy and I down for the tour.

Erika, several of us have military IDs and won't have to register with the visitors' center before driving on to base.

Thanks for the info, but for the tour they require an EAL (entry authorization list) 30 days prior.

pegmikef

Thanks for the info, but for the tour they require an EAL (entry authorization list) 30 days prior.

Yeah for the tour we should be on the list. If anyone is going to drive on base, they have to register at the visitor's control point if they don't have military ids. I don't know how that is going to work . . . maybe they just register the group.

TravelTiger

Yeah for the tour we should be on the list. If anyone is going to drive on base, they have to register at the visitor's control point if they don't have military ids. I don't know how that is going to work . . . maybe they just register the group.

No worries Mike. I have very detailed info I have to give them, so I'm sure they will have specific instructions for us.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Hi Erika. We have reservations arriving on the 12th and departing on the 19th and we would love to visit the AFB.

9-larry

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Whistle Stop RV Resort
  • 695 E. Stamford St.
  • Abilene, TX 79601
  • Hannah or Lauren 325-704-5252
  • http://whistlestoprvresort.com/
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Golf carts allowed?: Check with park
  • Golf Cart restrictions?: Check with park
  • Golf Cart fees?:Check with park

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 30
  • Register by end of day 2/16/2018
  • Site fee: $$45 per Rally Night per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: March 17
  • Potluck time: TBD
  • COME EARLY IF YOU CAN! FUN STUFF STARTS FRIDAY MORNING WITH A TOUR OF DYESS AFB!

Additional Info:
A brand new RV Resort in Abilene, TX, just off the service road of I-20!

Please call the park to make your reservation, then post here once reservations are made.

This park has a terrific clubhouse with full kitchen, 95-foot pull-through sites, small and large doggy parks, covered pavilion, free wifi, and more.

We are planning a couple of wonderful outings and a white elephant exchange again! Look for updates to come.

We are planning a trip for a guided tour at Dyess Air Force Base. The guided tour will include Dyess Museum, weapons load barn and the Linear Air Park, from 9AM to Noon, Friday, March 16th. (They do not do tours on Saturday.)

About the Dyess Linear Air Park:
The massive Dyess Air Force Base, adjacent to Abilene, is home to the Air Force's Air Combat Command. The Dyess Linear Air Park, on the grounds of the base, displays aircraft from World War II, the Korean and Vietnam wars, plus Gulf War I. There are 32 planes total, all displayed outdoors in the park. Among the planes on display are B-52 bombers, B-17G Flying Fortress and eight different fighter planes.

We will have to submit clearance info to the base 4 weeks before the tour for everyone planning to go. Please indicate if you are interested in going on the tour.

Confirmed reservations made:
1. Erika & Tony D -- Arrive 3-11 depart 3-18 -- 2 for DYESS
2. Don & Vickie S -- Arrive 3-15 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS
3. George S -- Arrive 3-14 depart 3-19
4. Jay & Stella C -- Arrive 3-12 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS
5. Paul & Cindy R -- Arrive 3-15 depart 3-19
6. Jim & Jie A -- Arrive 3-15 depart 3-19
7. Ted & Dee D -- Arrive 3-15 depart 3-19
8. Frank & Debbie B -- Arrive 3-15 depart 3-19
9. Mike & Helen B -- Arrive 3-15 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS
10. Orville & Barbara W -- Arrive 3-14 depart 3-20 -- 2 for DYESS
11. Mike & Edythe K -- Arrive 3-12 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS

Folks that said they want to or might come, but have not confirmed reservations:
Mike & Peg F -- 2 for DYESS
Nancy A & Dave S -- 2 for DYESS
Sue & Derald K
Valerie & Malcolm T
Elaine & Pat P
Bob C
Lin & Debbie B
Joe & Sandee M -- 2 for DYESS
larry & marry ann o -- 2 for dyess

Hi There, not sure how to add our names to the list. We made our reservations and will arrive on March 14th - March 19th. We want to go to Dyess AFB tour (2 of us) with you guys. I know there is a way of adding our names but never did it before. Thank you for your help in this matter. Joseph and SanDee Marks Belton, TX. My email is Txsgalsandee@aol.com if you need to contact us. Again Thank you.

TravelTiger

Hi There, not sure how to add our names to the list. We made our reservations and will arrive on March 14th - March 19th. We want to go to Dyess AFB tour (2 of us) with you guys. I know there is a way of adding our names but never did it before. Thank you for your help in this matter. Joseph and SanDee Marks Belton, TX. My email is Txsgalsandee@aol.com if you need to contact us. Again Thank you.

Joseph, I will add them! Just posting here will get it done. I just need folks to tell me they made their registration with the park. Thanks, can't wait to see y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.