EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Abilene - 3/16/2018 to 3/18/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Monica and I will be arriving on the 15th and departing on the 19th. I am planning to participate in the Dyess AFB tour, so let me know about the security clearance requirements. After thirty-six years as a contractor to the Air Force and Defense Department, they will probably let me in.

Don Ashby

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great! Got y'all on the list! Yes I'll be asking for info (for clearance) about 1 month out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Carol and I will be attending the rally, we will arrive on March 15th and departing on March 18th. Reservations have been made. Sign up both of us for the Dyess AFB tour.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Carol and I will be attending the rally, we will arrive on March 15th and departing on March 18th. Reservations have been made. Sign up both of us for the Dyess AFB tour.

Great! Will be good to see y'all again!

TravelTiger

OK Folks, the West Texas Rally is not far away, and we are working on the details.

First off, if you said you would like to attend the Dyess Air Force Base Tour on Friday, March 16th, I will need some personal info to submit to Dyess for security clearance to allow you onto the base. I cannot make exceptions, I have to submit this by March 1st. No one will be allowed on the tour if they have not submitted clearance info to me to send to them by this deadline.

Name: Last, First

Drivers License #
Drivers License State
Date of Birth

Citizenship
Passport Number if not US

Second, we will be doing a group event: a tour of the Frontier Texas! Museum on Saturday, March 17th at 2:30pm. Part of the ticket cost will be covered by the Chapter, but I must know if you are attending or not, as I must present a single check upon arrival. Your cost will be $2.50 per person.

Third, we will be having a SILENT AUCTION during the rally, with the winner announced after the evening meal on Saturday, March 17th. Some great prizes will be available to bid on. One of those will be a gift certificate for a SMARTPLUG combo set, consisting of a 30amp OR 50amp inlet plug on the RV, plus the replacement 30amp OR 50amp plug on the shore power cord, plus a dust cover for the power cord (up to a $240 value).

Smartplug offer.jpg

SO get ready to have some fun! I'll be updating POST #1 with this info, as well.

Erika

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I just made reservations for the Rally. Arrive the 12th and depart on the 19th..

I am interested in going to the air base. How long will we be gone. Have to think about Trevor..

Ok.... I reread the post... 9am to Noon... Good to go..

See you there.

BC

TravelTiger

I just made reservations for the Rally. Arrive the 12th and depart on the 19th..

I am interested in going to the air base. How long will we be gone. Have to think about Trevor..

Ok.... I reread the post... 9am to Noon... Good to go..

See you there.

BC

Great to hear, Bob! Will be good to see you.

Chippendale

Debbie and I are in for the Museum tour. See everyone soon.

I started seeing everyone talking about a Museum tour this morning, and now I see, it looks like it is part of the Air Base tour. Hope so, because I went to regular museum a while back and when I tried to leave they didn't want to let me, some of the employees thought I was one of the exhibits trying to escape. Had a hard time convincing them while I am old, I am not that old. Didn't want to have to go through trying to get out of a regular museum again, but I guess an air museum is OK, I don't look much like an old air plane.

pegmikef

Peggy and I are in for the museum tour. Boy, I'm glad I'm not an old guy like George, so I won't have the same problem he did.

TravelTiger

I started seeing everyone talking about a Museum tour this morning, and now I see, it looks like it is part of the Air Base tour. Hope so, because I went to regular museum a while back and when I tried to leave they didn't want to let me, some of the employees thought I was one of the exhibits trying to escape. Had a hard time convincing them while I am old, I am not that old. Didn't want to have to go through trying to get out of a regular museum again, but I guess an air museum is OK, I don't look much like an old air plane.

George, the Museum tour is the "Frontier Texas!" Museum, on Saturday at 2:30. Cost is $2.50 a person.

I'll vouch for you if you have trouble leaving. ;)

Chippendale

George, the Museum tour is the "Frontier Texas!" Museum, on Saturday at 2:30. Cost is $2.50 a person.

I'll vouch for you if you have trouble leaving. ;)

Erica, if you will vouch for me, put me down to attend also. Being as he really is one of my contemporaries, if Mike had been with me that day, they probably wouldn't have paid any attention to me. We'll see who gets the attention up there, probably Mike.

TravelTiger

I am pleased to announce Southwest Emblem in Cisco, TX will be sponsoring some of our door prizes! It's a surprise what their items will be, but I bet everyone will want one!

Southwest Emblem's vision is to partner with our customers in showcasing their passion for excellence. It is our mission to deliver innovative products and services that help promote performance excellence in music, education, athletics and branding for our customers.

pegmikef

Erica, if you will vouch for me, put me down to attend also. Being as he really is one of my contemporaries, if Mike had been with me that day, they probably wouldn't have paid any attention to me. We'll see who gets the attention up there, probably Mike.

Sounds good George Of course I will be getting my little boy haircut just before the rally so the gray won't be showing. I will be good to see you again.

Chippendale

Sounds good George Of course I will be getting my little boy haircut just before the rally so the gray won't be showing. I will be good to see you again.

Mike, if I got a "little boy haircut" there wouldn't be any hair showing. Looking forward to seeing you, Peg and Molly again.

TravelTiger

Sadly, Paul and Cindy had to cancel. We will miss them!

TravelTiger

Reminder, the deadline to make reservations for spots held for the Rally at the park is February 16th!!

Status
Not open for further replies.