Bighorn Traveler 32RS - Rear Cap

Ducky

Purchased BHTR 32RS in February 2017. We reside in AZ, temperatures have been 110+ over the past few weeks. Trailer is in outside storage. Went to check on trailer last Sunday, 7/2, and noticed that the rear cap from window to electrical connection and from taillight to taillight had a large bulge or bubble. I'm being told this is normal and may be exaggerated due to the heat. Claim submitted to Heartland but it was denied.

Anyone having any issues with rear cap as described above....

danemayer

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Bighorn Traveler 32RS - Rear Cap

Check the caulking around the roof, ladder, lights, and sealant on 3 sides of the window.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired

Dan:
In attempting to help Duck with this problem, I have contracted Heartland as well. It's not the caulking, according to Heartland and I have an email from them, this is part of the rear cap design. It's like a floating wall or hanging glass according one comment. Not sure if the high temps are causing this to balloon more! It will be interesting to see if other Travelers have this same issue. It doesn't look in appearance to be correct, but what do I know how they designed the rear cap. It wasn't that way at his first AZ Rally however!

BusManRG

What has your dealer said? I'm a fan of dealing with Heartland, but your local dealer could have actual eyes on the issue. Just curious.

Sandy

Ducky

I had taken unit in for other warranty work and when shown the Service Advisor at Dealer was surprised, but a technician told me it was normal, may be exaggerated due to the high temps we have had. I had called Heartland and they said they would document my concern and would wait for the claim to be submitted from the dealer. Now dealer says they can not provide me with the actual denial from Heartland, and when I called today, Heartland Customer Service was already closed. On my way out of town this next week, so will wait and see if anything can be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Check the caulking around the roof, ladder, lights, and sealant on 3 sides of the window.

All caulking and sealants are intact. Just a big bubble under the rear window

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ATF: Bighorn - Bighorn Traveler 32RS - Rear Cap

I wondered about our solid wall on the back, that sometimes appears to be bulging, or not properly attached. I can even press on it and flex it slightly. I contacted Heartland and sent a video. They said the back wall is only attached at the sides and then where the ladder attaches. Looks strange to me!

Here's a pic of the back wall with the outer piece removed on a Big Country.
5fd90e2b403243ee7823c78bf86dc10e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducky

I wondered about our solid wall on the back, that sometimes appears to be bulging, or not properly attached. I can even press on it and flex it slightly. I contacted Heartland and sent a video. They said the back wall is only attached at the sides and then where the ladder attaches. Looks strange to me!

Here's a pic of the back wall with the outer piece removed on a Big Country.
5fd90e2b403243ee7823c78bf86dc10e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger;

Thanks for the info. Maybe the 118 degree temps causes it to bow a little more. Shall see this weekend if it will go back to its normal shape in cooler air.