Fresh water tank drain

mgalvez86

New to the forum here and just purchsed a 2018 Cyclone 4005. Would anyone be able to help me out on the fresh water tank. I want to know how I know that the tank is full when filling up other than checking from the inside and where to drain point is to drain the tank. The company we bought our 5th whee from did a **** poor job on the walk through and explaining stuff. It is partially my fault for not asking more questions during it. Thank you for the help.

jimtoo

Hi mgalvez86,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our Cyclone owners will jump in soon with some good info for you.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

NYSUPstater

New to the forum here and just purchsed a 2018 Cyclone 4005. Would anyone be able to help me out on the fresh water tank. I want to know how I know that the tank is full when filling up other than checking from the inside and where to drain point is to drain the tank. The company we bought our 5th whee from did a **** poor job on the walk through and explaining stuff. It is partially my fault for not asking more questions during it. Thank you for the help.

Overflow outlets (at least on our BC) are thru teh frame and when fresh tank is full, water spills out them. Depending on your water supply PSI, takes approx 10-15 min to fill tank if you run it thru a filter. A little less time when I sanitize in spring because I don't use a filter.

As for the plastic taste of fresh tank, are those that have it, are you sanitizing it w/ bleach in springtime? We have public water, so it's not a real issue for use besides thinking it's a waste of 120 gallons, but I fill 1st time w/ 1 cup of Clorox (non scented--hard to find), run thru system, let it sit 24 hours. Drain, re-fill w/ another 60 gallons, run thru system, sit 24 hours and drain.

Hello All.

I have a Heartland Pioneer toy hauler. I have tried to empty my fresh water tank, since the RV dealer left the tank full... I have turned the valve on the blue line by the axcel, but no water comes out. Am I missing something? I have looked all over the owners manual but there is no info.

Thank you

Bernardo

danemayer

Hello All.

I have a Heartland Pioneer toy hauler. I have tried to empty my fresh water tank, since the RV dealer left the tank full... I have turned the valve on the blue line by the axcel, but no water comes out. Am I missing something? I have looked all over the owners manual but there is no info.

Thank you

Bernardo

Try opening a faucet with the pump turned ON to see if you get any water. Maybe the tank isn't full.