Additional AC

rblack22

I want to add a 3rd AC unit to my 4014, in the garage. It has a single AC vent ducted to the main AC unit. The garage is 14' long and with the ceilings height, it is not nearly enough to cool this volume of air. My thinking is to add a non ducted unit in place of the Auto vent/fan, but have it wired to a separate 30 amp service so as not to overload my 50 amp service. If anyone can think of any other suggestions or negatives then this plan, please chime in. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

avvidclif

I want to add a 3rd AC unit to my 4014, in the garage. It has a single AC vent ducted to the main AC unit. The garage is 14' long and with the ceilings height, it is not nearly enough to cool this volume of air. My thinking is to add a non ducted unit in place of the Auto vent/fan, but have it wired to a separate 30 amp service so as not to overload my 50 amp service. If anyone can think of any other suggestions or negatives then this plan, please chime in. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need a separate circuit. You have 2 50A breakers in the trailer. Just don't put all 3 on the same breaker. I have 2 AC's on one side with some of the smaller loads. The other side has 1 AC, WH, converter. It is balanced out load wise. If everything was going full out I think it would be abt 5A difference.

rblack22

You don't need a separate circuit. You have 2 50A breakers in the trailer. Just don't put all 3 on the same breaker. I have 2 AC's on one side with some of the smaller loads. The other side has 1 AC, WH, converter. It is balanced out load wise. If everything was going full out I think it would be abt 5A difference.
Awesome, thank you sir.

carl.swoyer

If you read on your thermostat it may have a zone management prioritizing feature. Zone 1 main 2 & 3 would start up after each other zone . I believe that it has the program to anticipate start up to avoid all ac from cycling on at the same time. The roof tops might need to have a communication cord ( telephone line) hook up.
I know that my 2 brisk Air 15 k btu ac can be hooked up this way. What I do is set the temperature 2° apart to prevent the unit s from starting at the same time. I think you would need remote thermostat's​ as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk