Your feedback on the Cyclone 4005

The_Boys

So who here has a 4005 and what do you think of it now that your in it, We only got to see one with the slides in as it had just sold. Any major design flaws you have found?

Houtex

Re: 4005

We went from a 40’ Dynamax to the 4005 for more space and were very happy with it. The only thing I think is odd...and it’s not a big deal if you seal it up is the trash can lid in the kitchen counter let’s all the a/c out if you have the outdoor kitchen open. But it really is the best floor plan we’ve ever had. It has more than enough space for a family of 5.

The Pass-Through storage isn’t very large but we added an under body storage at the rear to help with that. All in all we love the floor plan and the second toilet is awesome.

The_Boys

We went from a 40’ Dynamax to the 4005 for more space and were very happy with it. The only thing I think is odd...and it’s not a big deal if you seal it up is the trash can lid in the kitchen counter let’s all the a/c out if you have the outdoor kitchen open. But it really is the best floor plan we’ve ever had. It has more than enough space for a family of 5.

The Pass-Through storage isn’t very large but we added an under body storage at the rear to help with that. All in all we love the floor plan and the second toilet is awesome.

I find the outdoor kitchen interesting as it has no stove just a sink and a fridge and possibly a TV, Do you have photos of the additional storage you added?

ricatic

I have a 2018 CY 4005 on order...all options except for the S5...it is in the paint shop now...should have it soon...I researched for years looking for a toy hauler with a real living room...this is the only one I found... I am a Heartland owner now with a Big Horn so it was easy to pull the trigger on another one...

I was not crazy about the outside kitchen as I would have rather had more storage as we live in ours 9 months out of the year... but the lack of a cook top was not an issue because we have a Traeger PTG pellet grill that we use exclusively.

Need it to get here soon as I will be leaving for a new job site in western ND after next week

Good luck in your search

Regards

The_Boys

I have a 2018 CY 4005 on order...all options except for the S5...it is in the paint shop now...should have it soon...I researched for years looking for a toy hauler with a real living room...this is the only one I found... I am a Heartland owner now with a Big Horn so it was easy to pull the trigger on another one...

I was not crazy about the outside kitchen as I would have rather had more storage as we live in ours 9 months out of the year... but the lack of a cook top was not an issue because we have a Traeger PTG pellet grill that we use exclusively.

Need it to get here soon as I will be leaving for a new job site in western ND after next week

Good luck in your search

Regards

Yes the living room is great so many of them the TV is in a bad place. To me this was the ONLY plan with a real kitchen for a TH. We will be FT in it. We will build a place on the property but only as cash allows. I told my partner this way he can wheel me up the ramp when I am to old for steps lol

We love ours. Had it for 4-5 months now. Ours is a 2018. Few small things I have replaced and modified. Living room TV I installed a swivel mount. Installed a soundbar in the bedroom and master for added sound because of how loud the AC is. If your sitting on the smaller couch with the factory mount it's almost impossible to see and enjoy the recliner. I agree with the trash can and heat. It's a real quick drain but if not using the outside patio keep it shut. Any questions or pics let me know. We are in South Dakota now and on the road for another week.

The_Boys

We love ours. Had it for 4-5 months now. Ours is a 2018. Few small things I have replaced and modified. Living room TV I installed a swivel mount. Installed a soundbar in the bedroom and master for added sound because of how loud the AC is. If your sitting on the smaller couch with the factory mount it's almost impossible to see and enjoy the recliner. I agree with the trash can and heat. It's a real quick drain but if not using the outside patio keep it shut. Any questions or pics let me know. We are in South Dakota now and on the road for another week.

Glad to hear your enjoying it, We have discussed when we get it to put a good adjustable mount on that TV and possibly change the bedroom one to a bigger set or at least the garage one to a larger TV, we currently have 2 55in may as well use them.

ricatic

The latest production run should come standard with the swivel mount for the living room tv...I was told that at the Homecoming Rally...also told that the "deluxe furniture with the usb charging setups" would be standard in all 4005s...I have been told mine will be back from full body paint on Wednesday and I should have it before the weekend...headed to Oshkosh for the big airshow as soon as possible...I'll update this thread with info and pics from there...

Regards

Houtex

Ours is also an 18 and has the swivel and usb in the furniture. We did replace the garage and bedroom tv’s with 40”. The usb are like .5 amp or something so they don’t do much to keep the kids iPads going and they take all night to charge anything...pretty useless actually.

Next on the list is the MCD day/night shades and a new mattress...it’s the worst thing I’ve ever slept on

The_Boys

No idea why they make them so nice and put in a crap mattress, If anyone gets the chance get me the measurements from the 18 4005, It seems RV kings and queens can be variable lol.

Ours is also an 18 and has the swivel and usb in the furniture. We did replace the garage and bedroom tv’s with 40”. The usb are like .5 amp or something so they don’t do much to keep the kids iPads going and they take all night to charge anything...pretty useless actually.

Next on the list is the MCD day/night shades and a new mattress...it’s the worst thing I’ve ever slept on

Amother mod we did! Ordered a plush topper off Amazon. Best investment we ever made. I think it was maybe $175. One thing I would love to find are some blackout shades for the coach.

Houtex

Amother mod we did! Ordered a plush topper off Amazon. Best investment we ever made. I think it was maybe $175. One thing I would love to find are some blackout shades for the coach.

Just ordered...be here Wednesday and will give it a shot

BILLnSAL

We also love ours, we've had it for 4 weeks now and have been it for 2 of the 4 weekends. Everything is working in it flawlessly and we are really enjoying it.

Gary_DR

Re: 4005 and some mods we've done

We've had ours a couple months and due to busy schedules only got it out for a maiden voyage once. Planning another in Nov. We really love the layout - the separate kitchen and living space, along with the half bath is an ideal set up for us.

A couple of mods we have done already:
1) Added a top step extension to the overhead twin bunk ladder - it was too difficult to step on the top step to access the bunk.
2) Added a plate and anti-skit tape to the underside of our last exterior steps so if the grade disallowed the steps to be fully extended, we had a solid step. The pitch of our driveway didn't allow us to unfold all steps on the forward door so this mod solved any further grade situations we experience.
3) Attached a step ladder under the kitchen sink counter end. I am 5'1" so the tall cabinets required the need for a convenient, lightweight ladder in the kitchen. This brand and set up was ideal.
4) Not really a mod but instead of getting a washer/dryer, we opted for a tool chest in the provided garage space.

A couple of mods we are doing is:
1) adding a pull down screen to the pass through garage glass door
2) curtains to the rear garage for privacy when the rear deck is open
3) Hose storage under the outside carriage (as others have done) will be a great space saver and keep those messy hoses out of our pass through storage.

Our album of some pics are attached.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mkIzQbuD0r0kJBwF2

emery395

Still learning. Today I found the shut off under garage sink for outside spray port.

Also under garage sink is a valve sticking up from the floor supported by blue water pipe and red pipe. Anyone know what this is for? Where do pipes go and come from? How do I know if it got some antifreeze?

There does not seem to be any way to get antifreeze into black tank spay ports so I assume one must blow them out to winterize.

I am grateful to have this forum for help, thank you.

Barry

danemayer

Still learning. Today I found the shut off under garage sink for outside spray port.

Also under garage sink is a valve sticking up from the floor supported by blue water pipe and red pipe. Anyone know what this is for? Where do pipes go and come from? How do I know if it got some antifreeze?

There does not seem to be any way to get antifreeze into black tank spay ports so I assume one must blow them out to winterize.

I am grateful to have this forum for help, thank you.

Barry
Hi Barry,

I've attached a picture of the black tank anti-siphon valve on a Bighorn. If yours looks like this, that's what it is. One pipe comes from the black tank flush fitting in the UDC and the other goes to the black tank. So no antifreeze went there.

I think most people don't do anything to winterize the black tank flush. I would expect that the water drains out on its own. However, to be safe, you should use compressed air any residual water out.

I have wondered over the years whether some of the black tank anti-siphon valve failures are due to freeze damage.

Attachments

• BH Black Tank Flush Anti Siphon Annotated.jpg
    BH Black Tank Flush Anti Siphon Annotated.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 37

emery395

Yes I think you are right, I took a picture of mine. Interesting that they put blue and red pipe. So as an anti siphon valve, only air should go to the pipes, correct?

BTW is there a way to rotate picture

Attachments

• anti siphon2.jpg
    anti siphon2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 16

danemayer

Yes I think you are right, I took a picture of mine. Interesting that they put blue and red pipe. So as an anti siphon valve, only air should go to the pipes, correct?

While flush the tank, water goes through. But if there's negative pressure at the faucet, instead of sucking sewage out of the black tank, the valve will admit air going back toward the faucet.

For winterizing, compressed air (20 psi max) will do the job. If you wanted to pump antifreeze through, you could connect your outside shower to the black tank flush inlet and pump antifreeze in.

SLO

Blue = cold water. Red = hot water. Would be better black tank flush line were a different color as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: