ATF: Landmark - Patch?

Cholo

While on the road I noticed what looked like a part of my roof fly off. Upon closer inspection, (after retrieving the piece), I found it to be a 8 1/4 X 5 3/4 inch piece of fiberglass (?). It is black on one side and beige on the other. I went onto the roof and found that it had been attached with Dicor (?) and located directly in front of the first air conditioner. I saw no holes or anything that required a patch. Any ideas? Was it to mark a wire location?

farside291

On my SOB I had one of those in front of the first AC but it was made out of aluminum. It was for accessing the coax and wires for the roof top Satellite.

Cholo

On my SOB I had one of those in front of the first AC but it was made out of aluminum. It was for accessing the coax and wires for the roof top Satellite.

Thanks for your reply. I thought that may be the case but, I've already had a sat dish installed. May be they used another hole?

danemayer

Thanks for your reply. I thought that may be the case but, I've already had a sat dish installed. May be they used another hole?
I'm told that on the Winegard Trav'ler installations, because the LNB arm has a roller that makes contact with the roof, a metal plate is sometimes put on the roof to protect the rubber from damage as the arm moves. Maybe that's what came off.

Cholo

Is that rig pre owned or new from factory ???
That is odd !!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

New 2017 Newport delivered in November, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

I'm told that on the Winegard Trav'ler installations, because the LNB arm has a roller that makes contact with the roof, a metal plate is sometimes put on the roof to protect the rubber from damage as the arm moves. Maybe that's what came off.

That could be it. I'll work on this idea with the dealer at the end of this month.

Cholo

From the looks of the picture you posted it is near the SAT dish. The dimensions you posted are about the same as the plate I put on my roof where the SAT arm roller contacted the roof.

Look at picture 4 in this post. Note that I do not have the landing pad on the roof when this pic was taken.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...t-disappointed?p=429440&viewfull=1#post429440

Thanks. That looks like what it is. Now I'll have to get my lazy butt back up there and put it back.