Looking hard at a new RD210

acsteele

Greetings from Kansas!
You know, the place where you can see into the next county if you stand on your tip toes...
I'm not entirely new to RV's, but it's been a LONG time...we are looking at the RD210 as a couples camper, sharing space with a couple of dogs, and occasionally a teenager or two.
Does anyone have any experience with the RD210? I know it's not the top of the line, but it seems to fit our needs fairly well, minor trim issues don't freak me out, but I'd like to know about any big issues that may be common to the brand and model...what to look out for.

Thanks in advance!

acsteele

Oregon_Camper

Welcome....:)

While I don't have any knowledge of that specific model, I can offer you my Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) document to use when you go to inspect your RV on the day you purchase it.

You can download my Pre-Delivery Inspection document, by clicking on the link in my signature below. This document will take you about 4 hours to complete (don't rush it) and will ensure you understand all the operations of the trailer as well as having you inspect the trailer. This will help you find all sorts of "gotcha" stuff that might not pop up until later down the road (ie...when your 100's of miles from an RV shop). No matter what the dealer says, their PDI is will never cover everything. Complete this PDI and get dealer to fix all issue before paying for trailer...that way the dealer is very motivated to finish.

jimtoo

Hi acsteele,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions from our other members soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

allenbary

We have a 2018 RD120, we have used it 5 times already and have had no major issues yet. the only minor one is the LED's on the awing have burnt out about 5 bulbs. We found most campers to be built about the same with the same or simular materials. We got this one because of the big windows. Most campers are like living in a box with no light from outside.