My new 20' Flag Pole

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
I wanted to post some pictures of our camp spot last weekend and my new 20' Flag Pole which I think turned out great. I can't seem to post any larger photos. I have seen others do it many times so I know it is possible. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it

2017-07-13 20.17.50.jpg2017-07-13 20.21.35.jpg2017-07-14 11.03.55.jpg

WillyBill

@jleavitt11,

Gas grill sitting on a Lifetime table plugged into RV-Check.
3 Axle Cyclone HD-Check.
From Utah-check.
SxS toy out of the box-check.
Camping in the high Uintahs-check.
Killer Flagpole-gotta work on that one!!! Very nice!!!

WB

PS-We live in Clinton.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 139

jleavitt11

@jleavitt11,

Gas grill sitting on a Lifetime table plugged into RV-Check.
3 Axle Cyclone HD-Check.
From Utah-check.
SxS toy out of the box-check.
Camping in the high Uintahs-check.
Killer Flagpole-gotta work on that one!!! Very nice!!!

WB

PS-We live in Clinton.

Awesome setup. Great minds think alike. We're close in Farmington. We'll have to swap stories sometime.

olcoon

Where did you get your flag pole? I've got a fiberglass Flagpole Buddy, on the 2nd one they don't stand up to the wind gusts very well! Looks like it's aluminum.

HOOKERUP

When my flag pole from flag buddy broke,I saved the mounts and used a old telescoping pool accessory pole. Drilled two holes, used lag bolts,flat washers. Worked out very well.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Where did you get your flag pole? I've got a fiberglass Flagpole Buddy, on the 2nd one they don't stand up to the wind gusts very well! Looks like it's aluminum.

Roy flag pole buddy has an aluminum version. I went through 3 of the fiberglass ones when the owner finally suggested it. I am on my 2nd one of those only because I left it up during a really bad wind storm last year and it bent so it does not collapse into itself so I bought another one for travel and use bent one when parked at home park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

Mount it up higher for the full effect!!!

19574cbe04d251a1aade1cef1e034816.jpg

Sunrise on July 4th at IB Magee Beach Park in Port Aransas, TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jleavitt11

Here is a link where I bought the flag pole. http://store.tele-pole.com/telescop...uminum-telescoping-flagpole-reg-280-sale-205/

It is very sturdy, does not bend at all. It collapses down to about 7 ft and has 4 sections. The mounting hardware is all stainless.

- - - Updated - - -

Mount it up higher for the full effect!!!

19574cbe04d251a1aade1cef1e034816.jpg

Sunrise on July 4th at IB Magee Beach Park in Port Aransas, TX

I like the idea but the pole with the flags weights 30lb and I could not climb the ladder while holing it. I think I will move it uo as high as I can reach from the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

HornedToad

I use a step ladder from the patio deck to drop the pole into the mount. I'll have to admit in a strong wind, with the pole bent over, I cannot lift it out from the deck and have to climb on the roof. Also, my little nerf ball works great to keep the pole off my rain gutter spouts.

I always fly the American flag, we are it's shadow!!!

Attachments

• Flag 1.jpg
    Flag 1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Flag 3.jpg
    Flag 3.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 89

VMooreSR

I've seen those at Harbor Freight & wondered if they'd work. How do you have it mounted on?

Had the flagpole buddy mounts, so just used IMG_0008.jpg pvc bushing 1 1/2x 2 1/2 I believe on the bottom so the pole would fit down in it because it's a little fatter on the bottom than the fiberglass pole we had.

BusManRG

Does anyone use the flagpole light? I've been looking at them and they're not priced too terribly. Some get really high reviews. But I've been wondering if they're a little bright at night and might bother neighbors in the park? We're not very good about taking the flag down at night and I really don't like disrespecting the flag.

Sandy

VMooreSR

I use the round solar light at the top of the pole, there is a small circle of light on the ground at back of the trailer, not enough to bother neighbors.
Vince

dinajafer

Wow, nice flag pole you have there. Where did you buy it? I would very appreciate if you can give me the info. If I were you, I would add a flagpole light though. My cousin got one on Amazon and it has been working great for about 2 years now. Since it can absorb solar energy, there has never been a problem with setting up the wires, the electrical connections or worse, the switch (I mean it doesn’t run on electricity). It turns on in the evening and turns off when there’s daylight. it fits most flagpoles from 15-25 feet so I think it will fit yours just fine

Last edited: