2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000 SAT Prewire

rleetsc

Hi. I have searched the forums for a while now and I cannot find this answer so I apologize if the answer is out there and I missed it. I have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 Toyhauler. I am preparing to install a Winegard Trav'ler system like many others have but before I go cutting my roof I wnat to try to have as many answers available as possible. In my UDC I have a total of 3 coax connections. One on the left which is where I connect the cable when I have hookups and then two additional ones on the right. I have used one of the two with my external satellite in the past to get SAT to the living room TV so am cautiously assuming that the other goes to the prewire on the roof... I contacted Heartland and they provided me with an outdated diagram as they did not have one for my specific manufacturing date but they told me that the prewire was opposite of the factory antenna. I read on some forums that their may be a blank plate of some sort on the ceiling that may indicate this but I do not recall seeing this but I will look tomorrow. I am hopeing that someone can confirm the location of the cable. I would also like to know if it has the Trav'ler control wire prewired somewhere also? I have looked around a bit but have not located it so far. If it is not prewired with the control wire, where are folks routing it to and how are you getting there? I have alot of experience with routing cables in cars and houses but the RV is a whole different animal. Lastly, where on the roof are folks physically mounting the dish. I was thinking of placing it center just in front of the bedroom AC but this may not be the best spot.. I look forward to your responses.

Thanks,

Lee

pharmafrog

I have a 4100 King. There was NO prewire for the travl'r. I drilled up from the closet right near the off air antennae switch. My drill bit caught a lot of insulation and garbage going up. on the roof I fed the control wire down and used a roof coax plate with a lot of sealant.

My roof coil was right where they told me to drill through the roof, but it was unusable as they shorted it somehow when building the coach. Good luck. I am headed to Pocono Raceway this week, and will have some time to completely rewire this monster.

rleetsc

I have a 4100 King. There was NO prewire for the travl'r. I drilled up from the closet right near the off air antennae switch. My drill bit caught a lot of insulation and garbage going up. on the roof I fed the control wire down and used a roof coax plate with a lot of sealant.

My roof coil was right where they told me to drill through the roof, but it was unusable as they shorted it somehow when building the coach. Good luck. I am headed to Pocono Raceway this week, and will have some time to completely rewire this monster.

I did my install on Saturday and we drilled the roof where Heartland said (just opposite of the factory antenna). The coax cable was right there and we just had to install an end.

pjones1969

I did my install on Saturday and we drilled the roof where Heartland said (just opposite of the factory antenna). The coax cable was right there and we just had to install an end.

Good to know, do you happen to have any pictures?

I want to install my King Quest on the roof of my 3800 using the King MB700 quick release mount so I can put a padlock on it while in storage

https://kingconnect.com/product/quick-release-roof-mount-kit/

rleetsc

Good to know, do you happen to have any pictures?

I want to install my King Quest on the roof of my 3800 using the King MB700 quick release mount so I can put a padlock on it while in storage

https://kingconnect.com/product/quick-release-roof-mount-kit/

We did take some pictures but not many as we went. I can tell you that we located the coax cable by measuring the distance from the driver side of the camper to the coax to the antenna and from the front cap to the same location. we then matched that up exactly on the passenger side and drilled a 1" hole. We used a hook to pull the wire out and then had to terminate the end before connecting it to the dish. I've included some links to the various pictures of the install below.

This one shows the dish in place and you can see where the coax comes out of the camper on the lefit side there.
https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/Jna64dIpndZ1aZdqbKPg0ptYQQFEnT7urdbvUNE0LlI

This one shows where we mounted the DVR, Winegard controller box, and HDMI distribution in the bedroom closet above the washer/dryer hookups. We ran HDMI cables to each of the other TVs throughout the rig and installed a 4x4 HDMI Matrix Switch to control output to various TVs from the Satellite box or any other HDMI capable devices we utilize. We were happy with how this worked out as we are only consuming about 2 inches of space all on that wall.
https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/YS9Bgtov2LUO9I4B7D0tfFVQPO06m8coLAAXRPU8dCV

This is with the dish up.
https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/55oAR41LhSV6v1kFp1JbkWV9rbamwLk3lTskW5u1wn7is is

This just shows the dish up from the ground.
https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/WgCOCgQwD50QErtzoCkephAqTA6QE9EpDRO607jCB8z

pjones1969

We did take some pictures but not many as we went. I can tell you that we located the coax cable by measuring the distance from the driver side of the camper to the coax to the antenna and from the front cap to the same location. we then matched that up exactly on the passenger side and drilled a 1" hole. We used a hook to pull the wire out and then had to terminate the end before connecting it to the dish. I've included some links to the various pictures of the install below.

This one shows the dish in place and you can see where the coax comes out of the camper on the lefit side there.
https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/Jna64dIpndZ1aZdqbKPg0ptYQQFEnT7urdbvUNE0LlI

Thanks, so the coax is between the ceiling and roof top in the roof cavity? You drill through the roof membrane and plywood to get to it? If this is the case I feel better already about drilling into my roof.

rleetsc

Thanks, so the coax is between the ceiling and roof top in the roof cavity? You drill through the roof membrane and plywood to get to it? If this is the case I feel better already about drilling into my roof.

That's correct. That was the easiest part of the entire job. Unfortunately, only a COAX was their so we still had ato run the control wire for the Winegard unit. We drilled a second hole up from the corner of the bedroom closet for it and ran the wire that way. Worked out real well.

pjones1969

That's correct. That was the easiest part of the entire job. Unfortunately, only a COAX was their so we still had ato run the control wire for the Winegard unit. We drilled a second hole up from the corner of the bedroom closet for it and ran the wire that way. Worked out real well.

Easiest and probably the most stressful part...... I'm installing a King Quest portable so no control wire needed. Thanks for the info.