2018 Heartland Wilderness 2850BH

rossir77

First time user with a question! I did search and did not locate my answer. I have one switch that is driving me crazy as I can not figure out what it operates!!!! On the top I have my slide out and awning controls. Bottom left controls the center lights...the one next to it is the mystery. Then the lower right is my awning lights.

I thought well maybe the out side plug....but I used it this weekend and that wasn't it. HELP!!! I know it's going to be something easy...but I give up....pride swallowed...what does it do!

Edit....won't permit me to put the picture up yet.

Abear79

As soon as you can post a pic would help. It might be your tank heaters. Unless that is already marked. If it is your tank heaters you can damage yours tanks turning it on while the tanks are empty.

Oregon_Camper

Reply to a few posts....think you need 3-5 posts before you can post pictures (keeps SPAM BOTS out!)

Light under RV to light up stairs? Hard to see during the daylight.

Light on drivers side? Easy to see at night...hard during the day.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If it is a red switch that lights up when flipped on . . . it is your electric hot water heater switch!

There will also be an on/off switch outside by your water heater than will need to be flipped to 'ON'.

ProwlerWHswitch-P1000780.jpg ProwlerWHswitch-P1000779.jpg

I always leave this switch on 'OFF' when I don't need it or while traveling.

rossir77

As soon as you can post a pic would help. It might be your tank heaters. Unless that is already marked. If it is your tank heaters you can damage yours tanks turning it on while the tanks are empty.

Reading through the forums I saw a similar post but a different trailer talking about lights for the steps....so outside I went and sure enough there are LED lights underneath pointing to the steps....flipped the switch....mystery solved!

Appreciate all your responses! The dang dealer couldn't even tell me what it goes too. They said my outside plugs...I said...NOPE...

Oregon_Camper

Reading through the forums I saw a similar post but a different trailer talking about lights for the steps....so outside I went and sure enough there are LED lights underneath pointing to the steps....flipped the switch....mystery solved!

Appreciate all your responses! The dang dealer couldn't even tell me what it goes too. They said my outside plugs...I said...NOPE...

...Wait...I said that in my post. :cool::cool:

"Light under RV to light up stairs? Hard to see during the daylight."

rossir77

...Wait...I said that in my post. :cool::cool:

"Light under RV to light up stairs? Hard to see during the daylight."

Well....I clicked on the first email I had!! Actually i think it only sent one email to me. But yes!! You did answer my question!

I found my answer not too long after I posted while looking around. I'm sure I will have more!!! At least I know what everything does now you have no ideal how bad that was driving me crazy....next step was to tear the trailer apart looking!

JohnD

Our old beat up 1978 Coachman had a light switch just to the left of the kitchen sink that never did anything and over the almost 15 years we owned it I never knew what it was for.

I always told everyone it was for the garbage disposal . . . :p

I'll bet it went to the water heater now that I think about it . . . :confused:

We never were able to use any of the plumbing all the years we had it as the tanks were like swiss cheese and the plumbing leaked all over.

We called it our 'tent on wheels'.

CoachmanTTWoodlandPark-P1070824.jpg

We traded it in for our previous Heartland Trail Runner and the dealership told us that they sold it to a guy who was going to put it on his property in the mountains as a hunting cabin.

rossir77

Our old beat up 1978 Coachman had a light switch just to the left of the kitchen sink that never did anything and over the almost 15 years we owned it I never knew what it was for.

I always told everyone it was for the garbage disposal . . . :p

I'll bet it went to the water heater now that I think about it . . . :confused:

We never were able to use any of the plumbing all the years we had it as the tanks were like swiss cheese and the plumbing leaked all over.

We called it our 'tent on wheels'.

View attachment 53413

We traded it in for our previous Heartland Trail Runner and the dealership told us that they sold it to a guy who was going to put it on his property in the mountains as a hunting cabin.

We bought our first one in 2006 we kept it 10 years. It was 21' and we out grew it with our two boys. So we finally jumped into a 33'er with rear bunks. I think I officially know what everything does!!!

I just need to figure out why the digital antenna don't pick up any channels. Not even one....here at the house anyways. Have not tried anywhere else.

JohnD

I just need to figure out why the digital antenna don't pick up any channels. Not even one....here at the house anyways. Have not tried anywhere else.

Did you push the little red button to turn on the TV signal amplifier?

rossir77

Did you push the little red button to turn on the TV signal amplifier?

I did. I'll put another cable on it to make sure the cable is good. Maybe it just can't pull any channels on the side of my house??? I figured it would find one!

JohnD

You may have to go through the whole trailer like I did and check ALL of the coax connectors and make sure that the splitters are connected correctly as well.

Our previous Trail Runner had all of the coax connectors just barely screwed to the connections and splitters, plus I found the coax going into the roof from the antenna had a fallen off connector, which I fixed on the roof while at a campground in Custer, SD after buying a coax crimper tool and some coax cable at the ShopKo in town.

In our Prowler the whole TV/cable run through the trailer was wired up completely backwards, plus I discovered that the factory installed Furrion AM/FM/CD/DVD players' antenna was hooked up to the roof TV antenna through a signal splitter in the entertainment center and was shorting out the cable TV signal (but not the roof antenna signal) to the TV in the entertainment center.

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg ProwlerEntCenter-IMAG0231.jpg

The dealership attempted to fix the coax issue on the Prowler and wound up destroying the stereo and did some serious damage to the entertainment center (shot at right) trying to install a new antenna for the radio.

They replaced the stereo unit with a newer model and used some brown furniture tape to cover up the damage to the wood.

And I'm still trying to figure out a good antenna for the radio.