Bedroom Slide Cable Seal

Westwind

I have a black rubber rectangle that closes over the hole that the slide-out cable passes through, the rubber rectangle was suppose to be glued to the wall that the cable passes through to close the hole to the diameter of the cable. All 4 for each cable have come loose and move with the cable.
I want to glue them to the 5W wall but after buying a bottle of clear Gorilla Glue I'm hesitating. Has anyone had this problem and how did you correct it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mine came loose from the wall about 6 years ago....thanks for reminding me to do something about it.
I've had no issues.

Peace
Dave

Westwind

I haven't had any issues and probably wouldn't have noticed but last year I went to bed and a light was shining in and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, after playing peekaboo I finally realized it was coming from the area of the bottom cable on the slide, the next day I went outside and saw the
rubber had moved out with the slide and the cable hole was good sized and allowed light into the slide out. Hope the fix will keep water out.
My concern was the glue on the rubber but from what I was able to read it should be fine.

Westwind

Still haven't done it, I have a bottle of Clear Gorilla Glue sitting on the counter, it's just a matter of getting up on my 10' step ladder, putting some glue on the the trailer side of the rubber square and holding it (centered on the cable which passes through the square) against the trailer wall until it sticks (hopefully).

I've got a list of about 16 things that I'm working through slowly, the weather is finally co-operating since it's nice and cool - our first summer heatwave has passed for now and it's like a cloudy April day outside, mid 60's.

Westwind

OK - 180 - on the sealant, someone on this forum or another mentioned using double sided 3M Automotive tape, so tomorrow morning I'm off to the parts store to get some and my new bottle of Gorilla Glue can sit on the shelve for another project. I have a better feeling using the tape since I could redo it if I had to after time, the Gorilla glue seemed to be too permanent.

Westwind

Fixed! I went to the local NAPA store and bought the 3M double sided tape that was recommended. It was with other car body repair supplies, about $8 and they had two widths, I chose the narrow but the wider might do depending on the amount of flat area your working with.
Cleaned the rubber squares that cover the hold and side wall, cut the pieces needed and stuck them on the rubber seal and then pushed it toward the wall and sealed the hole, I waited a while and then brought the slide in to apply some pressure. Hopefully it works, but couldn't have a better product for the purpose.
One more item scratched off the Maintenance list, I received the check valves and screen door latch slide today so the the hot water heater is next the door is done, I had to file the some off the plastic square but it's nice to have that feature, when the original broke we a couple of weeks into our 3 month stay.