2018 Landmark 365 Newport - delays

porthole

Retired
So we took advantage of the options offered at the 2017 Goshen Rally and ordered a 2018 Newport (while some were enjoying the brew-fest that I missed).

There were a couple of stipulations, mainly the shower. Seems someone picked a shower enclosure made for Olive Oyl when they did the front bath makeover.

I guess the 're-engineering' process takes longer then I would expect. Just got word the the unit is scheduled - with no build date due to the engineering department delays, but possibly late September :mad:

That long of a delay concerns me, as we all have seen how many things get changed from order to delivery. Sometimes to our liking, sometimes not.

That pretty much takes care of this season.

----------------------------------------------------------

(going to add the below to the ask the factory section as well, so not really a duplicate post)

So Andy or Joe - if you see this - my questions posted to you guys via email:

What is the shower fix?

Is the ventilation in the front closet going to be addressed as well? Was engineering made aware of this?

Is there a chance of going back to original fireplace (convex versus concave)

Any thought given to going with the Wingard Rayzar TV antenna over the King Jack antenna?

And as long as engineering has the trailer back, have them figure in some true pocket doors for the bedroom ;)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

All good points. !!!!
A lot can and probably will change in that time frame. Looks like it's time for a trip to the factory.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
All good points. !!!!
A lot can and probably will change in that time frame. Looks like it's time for a trip to the factory.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just came back from the factory last month - where we did not see any Landmarks on the line.

porthole

Retired
Update received, potentially going on the assembly line the first week of October for a possible finish by the end of October.

Build time is only 2 days or so, but then it goes to paint and MOR/ryde.

porthole

Retired
That is good news Duane.

I don't know Dave. Just in time for the end of our season. I really thought we would have it by this week, and done with prepping it for the next 2 months.
We have 7 events booked between now and Halloween, looks like they will all be Cyclone attended.

A concern I have is we have those 7 trips and about 2500+ miles of travel for potential issues or damage on a trailer that has an already agreed upon trade value based on it's condition in June.

Bones

I don't know Dave. Just in time for the end of our season. I really thought we would have it by this week, and done with prepping it for the next 2 months.
We have 7 events booked between now and Halloween, looks like they will all be Cyclone attended.

A concern I have is we have those 7 trips and about 2500+ miles of travel for potential issues or damage on a trailer that has an already agreed upon trade value based on it's condition in June.

I can definitely understand that. But I think you could still take the new landmark out in cold weather. We get some warm weather sometimes in December.

porthole

Retired
I can definitely understand that. But I think you could still take the new landmark out in cold weather. We get some warm weather sometimes in December.

Cold weather is not the problem.

Our DOT uses a temp/humidity/wind/forecast to gauge when to start brine'ing the roads.

If there is even a hint of possible ice in the next week the brine comes out.

So, once that starts the bike goes up on the floor jack and the trailer goes up on the LevelUp until the spring rains clean the roads.

You should see the underside of my truck.

This picture was taken on a random day with low humidity and no wet stuff in the forecast.

Attachments

• Salt.jpg
    Salt.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 97

Bones

Cold weather is not the problem.

Our DOT uses a temp/humidity/wind/forecast to gauge when to start brine'ing the roads.

If there is even a hint of possible ice in the next week the brine comes out.

So, once that starts the bike goes up on the floor jack and the trailer goes up on the LevelUp until the spring rains clean the roads.

You should see the underside of my truck.

This picture was taken on a random day with low humidity and no wet stuff in the forecast.

The brine is the worst things ever invented for cars and steel and bridges and roads.................

Rooster58

I too am in the same boat kinda. Ordered in June. They are saying a build date maybe next week. Yay. Just in time for the kids to go back to school and all the campgrounds near me to close. No possibility of even a weekend trip now. I was promised delivery for around the first of August. Hope I'm happy with the new unit because I'm not thrilled about much else that has happened so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
So, after multiple delays and a total lack of communication from both the dealer and Heartland, we have canceled the Newport order.
As it was progressing, we were lucky if we got it before Thanksgiving. Well after the end of our season.

We liked the changes in decor that showed up in the Newport in Goshen and thought it was a huge improvement over what was inside previously (especially the bedroom). Those changes plus the bathroom redesign and factory MOR/ryde & disc brake options pushed us to order a new rig. That was June 18th.

One delay after another and then at Hershey we found out that once again the interior has changed and it is not to our liking (mostly the bedroom decor). And apparently there were even more minor changes that surfaced at Hershey.

Asking since the June order and as of today we still do not have a generator option price, along with a few other minor concerns.

From a sales persepective, Tiara has just about zero customer service. I heard that going in, but overall pricing allowed me to overlook some of the dealer negatives.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wow, have to wonder what is going on. Reading this and a couple posts about screwed up factory tours, it appears customer outreach is at an all time low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
From a sales persepective, Tiara has just about zero customer service. I heard that going in, but overall pricing allowed me to overlook some of the dealer negatives.

So September 21st I canceled my order with Tiara, got an almost immediate response to my surprise.

But as of today, November 4th I still do not have a return of my deposit.
Multiple phone calls and emails and minimal "I'll get back to you" response, if any.

If you are going to deal with tiara - be forewarned, communication is not their strong point.

Neither is their customer service overall as can be confirmed with several members that have recent purchases.

Geez I wish Great Lakes didn't go out of business.

Kbvols

So September 21st I canceled my order with Tiara, got an almost immediate response to my surprise.

Multiple phone calls and emails and minimal "I'll get back to you" response, if any.

If you are going to deal with tiara - be forewarned, communication is not their strong point.

Neither is their customer service overall as can be confirmed with several members that have recent purchases.

You may want to give RV wholesalers a try if you are still wanting to order. I ordered from them this Spring and was very well pleased with price, responsiveness, PDI and overall experience.

I bought my first 5th wheel from Great Lakes and understand fully why they are no longer in business. My experiences with them were not good. Rob was a nice guy but the business operation was a total CF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

richheck

Seasoned Member
You may want to give RV wholesalers a try if you are still wanting to order. I ordered from them this Spring and was very well pleased with price, responsiveness, PDI and overall experience.

I bought my first 5th wheel from Great Lakes and understand fully why they are no longer in business. My experiences with them were not good. Rob was a nice guy but the business operation was a total CF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We too also ordered from RV Wholesales back in early 2016, very pleased with all aspects of the deal including them having the coach delivered to our residence in central California.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
The posting on Tiara surprises me. I have not had any issues with them and purchased my Sunance through them. I have referred 3 others who purchased there this year and no issues.

chaplady

I've had similar issue with Tiara. Looking at a trailer there called next morning left message for sales person yo call us back so we could finish talking a deal. Never did get a call back. Thus I took my business elsewhere.

CoveredWagon

call April at Lakeshore. She’s in today. Muskegon MI