M26- Did I get a lemon?

So after no return phone calls from CW to see if the 3rd door had come in, since the second door was the wrong color. I was advised that no parts had come in. I now called the factory in Idaho and left my name and number. Gary had called me back by the end of the day. We talked about the door situation and I stated the first door that was ordered was wrong. The second door that had come in at the beginning of Sept was the wrong color. So since about the 10th of Sept until now the 3rd door was never ordered. Gary said he would ship the 3rd door directly to me and to go pick up the trailer if the other work had been completed. I explained that when the advisor called about the second door being wrong that all work was completed.

So yesterday I called and said I would be picking up the trailer at 8am friday morning. I signed the paperwork and the advisor didn't have much to say. I hooked up and left. Once I got the work I thought in my rush I didn't check on there work before I left, I just wanted out of there. Well the batteries were dead. I plugged it in here and opened it up so I could get into the bathroom. They fixed all the trim that was falling off. They fixed the wallpaper that was pulling off and no more buckles on the one side of the shower. The other side.. not even touched. Buckled and seperated from the the wall. I'm about to give up on this whole thing. If they can't even fix it under the factory warranty correctly I can just imagine what the camping world warranty is going to do for me.

brianlajoie

You should be careful about what you sign. If CW says you signed off on it, then Heartland says the problem was fixed. Heartland will fix a warranty issue once. After that, it is up to you to deal with the dealer.

I realize that now but at this point I’m ready to tear it all out myself. Even the repair order said the pulled the shower surround out. I’m sorry but by the looks of it they didn’t do that. I emailed heartland within 20 minutes after opening the slide on my lunch hour and looking at the bathroom. My problem isn’t with heartland at all. They have come through every time I’ve talked with them. On the other hand camping world service dept really knows how to screw the customer and the manufacturer. From what I see and what they charged was not what I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianlajoie

Perhaps talk to Heartland and say you want to dispute the work order / repair order the CW did. To you, it doesn't look like they did the work they said they did. File this one under experience is a stern task master!

It was mentioned before in this thread, but you may want to consider finding a certified RVDA/RVIA tech for your future needs. Since I bought my trailer in 2014, I have never been back to any dealer for work. My choice. Good luck!

kowAlski631

I threw a pure hissey fit in the parking lot at CW when the repair on our level up hadn't been done. We always put everything through its paces when we pick it up and most times no issues. However, this time the service advisor told me that it was fixed and "no need to check" (ding, ding, ding - alarm bells). Then he asked me if I knew how to work the level up. Paul knew there was a problem when he heard me drawl, "Well, bless your heart, I certainly hope so since I've been working it for several years now." Big surprise - didn't work and did exactly the same thing as it did when we brought it in.

Bottom line, not only trust but verify, sign NOTHING until the verification is done. Just saying.......

Martha

kab449

For everyone who has an inoperable black tank flush: The most likely culprit is a kink in the line where it enters the side of the tank. You will have to remove the bulkhead in the basement and trace the line from the wet bay. On my 3160EL it goes up to the antibackflow valve behind the round door in the shower. Then it comes back into the the basement and goes over to the curb side. They must attach the hose to the tank before installing the tank. As they place the fresh water tank between the frame rails they don't make sure the line is straight and not kinked. Mine was kinked about 6" from the fitting on the tank. After unkinking the tubing it works like a champ.
Another example of get it done ASAP and worry about it later.

They said there was nothing wrong with it. I need hook a hose to it and see if it’s the same or if they did something to it. Every one I have listened to sounds like a pressure washer inside. This one just trickles.

On another note I called my salesman saturday and explained everything. He talked to the general manager and watched him both text and email the service manager to call me today. The salesman told me to text him if I did not hear from the service manager today. He got the text from me. So we will see what happens tomorrow.

After a lengthy talk with the service manager they are picking up the trailer and hopefully fixing everything correctly this time. I told them I need it back the week before thanksgiving.

So now I’m sitting at camping world picking up the trailer. Still no parts. But now the spare tire mount is bent and tire loose where they backed it into something. Happy Thanksgiving!!

klp605

So now I’m sitting at camping world picking up the trailer. Still no parts. But now the spare tire mount is bent and tire loose where they backed it into something. Happy Thanksgiving!!

what state are you in?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Still not fixed. Still no parts. I picked up the trailer right before thanksgiving so relatives had someplace to sleep. Shower still not useable.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Have you called Heartland and inquired about your situation? As crappy as cw is I would bet they have not even ordered parts or filed a warranty claim with Heartland.

Purchased new in feb of this year and had to take it back after 10 days or so cause of all kinds of cosmetic issues. Only 1 part needed replacing and the rest was easily fixed in house. The door that needed replacing under warranty was denied by camping world later to find out they didn't turn it in but instead wrote denied on the paperwork. Thanks to Jeff at Heartland it was remedied. Est delivery was the day we were leaving in may for vacation. So after a rather vocal discussion they fixed the cosmetics and shipped me the door later.

First trip out in may moulding fell off in several places and the wallpaper around the tub was starting to bubble.

Second trip mid July by the time we got to the end of our 7 hour drive more moulding fell off. Interior bedroom sliding doors screws pulled out and they fell off. Grey tank handle is somewhere on the highway. And the bathroom door doesn't close anymore no matter how I level the trailer.

So now calling all different places for repair, cause I no longer trust camping world, won't touch it cause I didn't buy it from them or they tell me there primary concern are there customers until the off season of November and then I can make an appointment. You would think people would want.

At the rate this is going it will be out of warranty. Granted it hasn't been anything major but I'd like to enjoy it and not have to make 3 hr round trips to have it worked on.

i saw your post this afternoon & I’m so sorry about your rv issues. I see we have the same rep at Heartland & I pray that your issues will be resolved more quickly. The only place our Mallard has been is my yard & the dealership. I wrote about our “lemon” m28, so I guess we’ll both see. Good luck!
Carol Robinson

So today we picked up the trailer for the final time. Upon inspection they still didn’t seal the shower surround and they didn’t fix the track for the master sliding door. After *****ing they finished sealing the shower surround and I wrote off the door track. I’m done with camping world. It just kills me that the labor was less than 8hrs yet it took from August 19th to today for the repair.

It’s funny how we looked at a Coleman at half the price and thought it was cheaply made. Yet a friend bought one around the same time as we bought ours and has had zero problems. We’ve used ours twice yet he uses his 2-3 times a month. Go figure.