ATF: Landmark - Cleaning ductwork

TrailCreek

I have a 2017 Newport and keep getting "stuff" out of the ceiling ductwork. Everything from 2" round foam plugs from a hole saw, to lots of sawdust, splinters, and pieces of Styrofoam. What is the best way to clean the ducts to keep stuff from falling out whenever the AC is on? I worry that it is clogging up the AC coils if there is that much garbage in the ductwork. It is on both return and supply sides. Is that a warranty item?

Wanderlust

I have a 2017 Newport and keep getting "stuff" out of the ceiling ductwork. Everything from 2" round foam plugs from a hole saw, to lots of sawdust, splinters, and pieces of Styrofoam. What is the best way to clean the ducts to keep stuff from falling out whenever the AC is on? I worry that it is clogging up the AC coils if there is that much garbage in the ductwork. It is on both return and supply sides. Is that a warranty item?

We have the same issue and would love some feedback on this as well. There is a large amount of stuff that "shifts" when the AC is in and we have been full-timing in Tucson for 5.5 months so the AC is on in-stop. Is this hazardous to our ac units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrailCreek

My guess is the roof was built upside down, and the crud came from cutting vents into the ceiling and ductwork. Just wasn't cleaned out when they flipped it. Just a guess...

TrailCreek
2017 F350 King Ranch
2017 Landmark Newport
Beth & Thom - Full Timers.

DickO

Same on our 2017 Bighorn. When first got it the return over the TV was 2/3 plugged with sawdust. I put a long extension on the shop vac and did all the return vents and sucked the AC ducts.

SNOKING

Maybe we could take a collection for a vacuum system for their plant? When I did the AC recall I could not believe the junk I found in the plenums, along with the other duct issues. Chris