ATF: Bighorn - Water Collecting in Underbelly

EOneal59

Has anyone been having problem with water accumulating in the under belly of their units. I have a 2015 BH 3570RS that I have found water collecting on top of the corrugated underbelly. I have had to drop the underbelly to drain off the water. I have search under the floor of the unit with the belly open to see if there is a leak with water running and filling tanks to max and have found no leaks. The under side of the floor is dry and havn't found any signs of leakage or water stains. The water sames to be between the corrugated underbelly and the foil insulation. When I lower the the under belly water runs out of the cells of the corrugraded material. Any helpful information would be appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There have been reports by some that have discovered that driving in the rain will allow water to get up in the underbelly.
Some have drilled holes inn that Coroplast, being careful to not drill into a tank, to allow drainage.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Try turning off the valve under the island that goes to the ice maker. If you have that !!!!
See if it dry up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mrz

While looking for the leak, suggest you put a hole or two in the corroplast. Just take a 1/4" drill bit and by hand turn it to make the hole at the lowest point of the corroplast. This will certainly help.

jlhardy

Greetings,

I have had water collect in my underbelly (2016 BH 3160) after driving in the rain. There were numerous holes in my frame near the wheels that allowed the water splashing off of the tires into the underbelly space. The holes in the frame for the hydraulic rams that move the slides were especially large. I cut sheet metal to cover the unnecessary space around the hydraulic rams and attached with self-tapping screws and silicone. The other holes I filled with expanding foam.

I hope this helps out.

Has anyone been having problem with water accumulating in the under belly of their units. I have a 2015 BH 3570RS that I have found water collecting on top of the corrugated underbelly. I have had to drop the underbelly to drain off the water. I have search under the floor of the unit with the belly open to see if there is a leak with water running and filling tanks to max and have found no leaks. The under side of the floor is dry and havn't found any signs of leakage or water stains. The water sames to be between the corrugated underbelly and the foil insulation. When I lower the the under belly water runs out of the cells of the corrugraded material. Any helpful information would be appreciated.

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I also had water in the underbelly. Turns out the overflow for the fresh water tank dribbled done on the frame and into the underbelly. Both sides I added clear plastic hoses to get the overflow away from the trailer. This stopped the water .

I drove through very heavy rain and i had some water in the underbelly, there was a hole and it drained from here.

Brian

emery395

How worried should I be??

This new cyclone has small amounts of water coming out of under belly material. It was delivered in pouring rain three weeks ago. Some days I would see a drip and not on others. Unit has been winterized but dripping is clear water.

In the picture there is an icicle formed on red shut off handle and a smaller one just where blue pipe exits under belly.

Attachments

• ice2.jpg
    ice2.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 107
Had fresh water coming out from underbelly when filling fresh water tank. Found out there was two over flow pipes, why I don't know. One was 1.5" lower on tank, allowing water to drain out of tank and run along frame and into under belly. Fix, capped lower overflow and added extension to other overflow where it goes below frame.

2018 Bighorn Traveler 39MB. I have had some water in my underbelly as well, it was intermittent, and i think i narrowed it down to one of two things which i corrected both to see what happens. One there was no caulking at the base of the shower, wall, vanity, I have three kids and they aren't exactly careful about the water so i believe some was dripping down from there. The other was when I would flush my black tank if I didn't have a perfect connection when the water would leak out of the connection, it would run down the hotwater bypass travel behind and wet everything from behind. I also double checked my connections from the water panel and there were some lose connections that i hand tightened.

sengli

The thing to remember that coroplast covering is not water tight seal , just a shield to help keep the big chunks out. My thought is that you cant truly ever expect the water to not get in if you tow in the rain. Water coming off your tires at 60 miles an hour is pretty powerful. So be careful if you trap all moisture in there. I remember the first fiver I had, I towed it home one day in a rain storm, and it looked a pregnant whale underneath!