2018 pioneer pi322 2nd ac question

Jclark836

Ok guys/girls bought a 2018 pioneer pi322 fifthwheel bunkhouse it's already pre-wired for 2nd ac in master bedroom question is has anyone done this yet did you go with ducted or non ducted ac

jimtoo

HI Jclark836,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'll let some of our other members jump in with some info for you soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Gary521

You have to use the non ducted. There is no way to tie the new AC to the existing ducts.

skippydo

Hey There :)

Goodness I hope I am not too late to answer your question. Maybe you are taking the fall and winter to decide.

WE have a new 2017 Pioneer P276 5th wheel.

YES we installed (camping world did) our 2nd unit in our Master.
IT IS DUCTED.

Cost approx. with install $1100.00 Worth every penny.

We called Heartland directly, gave the guy our VIN and they provided us specific details to inform Camping World "YES" our unit was ducted.

We knew our plan was going to be to add this 2nd ac unit as soon as we purchased this great 5th wheel.

You will be very happy you did. SUPER cold Master on those hot hot Southern days and nights.

Boone

Ok guys/girls bought a 2018 pioneer pi322 fifthwheel bunkhouse it's already pre-wired for 2nd ac in master bedroom question is has anyone done this yet did you go with ducted or non ducted ac

Did you ever add the second ac? I have a 2018 Pioneer 322 and want to add it. If you did, does it help and what was the cost? and

ryan09170

Hi guys,

I know this is a little old, but last year I did put in the 2nd AC unit in my 2017 PI 322. It was pretty easy once I contacted the factory to find the location of the pre-wired thermostat wires (on the wall to the right of the bathroom door). The hardest part was picking off the sealant on the vent hole.

I actually did this one evening while we were vacationing in West Yellowstone...next stop was Moab - really needed the extra AC boost! Cost about $1000. If you want more info, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk