Slideouts--in or out?

When parked between trips, do you keep you slideouts in or out. We have heard several answers. Please share how you park?

danemayer

If the slides are closed when the rig is in storage, you won't get stuff on top of the slide rooms that you later have to clean. If you have slide toppers, you don't want them flapping in the wind while in storage. And there's probably less exposure to water intrusion if the slides are in.

Other than the convenience of not having to push them when you visit the rig, I can't think of a reason to leave them out.

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
When parked between trips, do you keep you slideouts in or out. We have heard several answers. Please share how you park?

I always have kept all our rigs buttoned up tight when parked/not in use. Generally set the main A/C and the Fantastic Fan to about 88 to suppress mold from warm humid air.

I can't think of a single advantage in deploying the slides, and a number of disadvantages.

asherwin

We park ours next to the house and leave the slides out between trips. Rig is completely stocked including fridge so it gets used as external pantry and source of fridge items when needed. It is also my summer clothes closet. Also great place for my afternoon nap and hideaway when the house gets overrun with grandchildren :) No negatives experienced in five years doing this.