Current Jayco owner, Looking to purchase a new 2018 Sundance 295BH

verrettej

I currently own a jayco travel trailer, and am looking to upgrade to a 5th wheel. I have found the layout and floor plan I really like that best suites my families needs in the Sundance 295BH. Does anyone have any advice, tips, or cautions to mention when looking at the Heartland Sundance? I did lots of research before purchasing my jayco travel trailer, and found that the one we purchased was one of the top rated trailers at the time. We have been fortunate enough not to have any major problems out of it and it has traveled across this country.

If anyone has any tips, or suggestions of what to look out for specifically on delivery or walk through I would be more than happy to listen and take the advice. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
We bought a 2017 295BH back in March of 2016. There were 3 of them on the lot. We noticed a few differences in them and picked the one because of the differences. Not sure if the 2018's are like this.

In the master br, two models had no storage above the headboard and one model had a cabinet above the bed. We picked the one with the cabinet. Also, in the living room, the TV in two models was placed high in the cabinet area. In our model, it was placed in the center section. We almost didn't notice these slight differences but we are glad we did. We purchased from Dixie RV in Hammond, LA.