Dealers swapping brands

snuffy

The dealer where we normally look at Big Horns is no longer selling Heartlands. A dealer further north is now selling them but all their Cardinals were locked as if they are waiting for them to be picked up. And a dealer further south from us is now a Heartland and Jayco dealer, so I assume he dropped some brands to pick these up.
I wonder what's up with all the brand swapping that seems to be going on in the industry?

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
There ain't no telling what goes through a dealers mind and the agreements (or disagreements LOL) they have with the manufacturers. My guess would be they are doing what they think they need to do with keeping up with the market and economy for their area and customer base.

I have pulled the first of a new brand/product line into a dealer and hear them start bashing the other brand they carried...... All this from the same person who checked in the other brand last time I was there and was bragging it up a few months earlier.

I have pulled "show" units to dealers meeting up with a regional sales/product rep at each stop and help set the trailer up as they were trying to sell the new product line and/or manufacturer to the owners of the dealerships. Watching a salesman try to sell to a salesman is interesting, those guys are goooooood.

Trying to figure out what a dealer is thinking is like trying to figure out what my wife is thinking...... Ain't gonna happen.