RW427 Hitch Carrier Modification

kmb1031

Hey guys. My wife and I just purchased a 2017 RW427. Obviously, I am new to the forum and I was just wondering if anyone has added a 2" hitch receiver to the back of a 427? I wanted to add a hitch carrier to haul things like grills and firewood or other items that may be a little awkward to tie down in the garage. I know there is a steel tool box in the floor in the garage but I'm a little concerned about torsional loads while bouncing down the road. Thanks in advance for any advice.

avvidclif

That's why you have a "toy" hauler. To carry all that odd and assorted stuff you can't do without. I don't tie down anything except my bike and that's so it don't fall over and get damaged. The rest may move around a bit but it's never been a problem.

LBR

If you are concerned about torsional loads bouncing with items in the floor cargo space, you definately don't want to think of grills and firewood on a rack with a 2" receiver....I'm concerned for your TH rear framework and saftey of folks following you thru the Interstate pothole jungles.