New Prowler 32LX

WalkTheLine

Hi everyone,

This forum is great. I have been reading up on everything imaginable and it has been a huge help! My wife and I are 1st time users and we purchased a new Prowler 32LX (haven't picked it up yet-- Saturday is the big day and we are excited.

I have a 2016 F250 (gasoline though) to haul and have a lotof flatbed trailer (dual axles) and boat trailering plus small box trailers butnever a travel trailer. I plan onpracticing a lot at the dealership (Dixie RV in Hammond, LA) before heading on the road.

My main question is for 1[SUP]st[/SUP] time Prowlerbuyers--- is there anything specific I should know about or have the dealeraddress BEFORE I pay for it and we pick it up on Saturday?
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance....

danemayer

Hi WalkTheLine,

Congratulations on the new Prowler and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Plan on a thorough pre-delivery walk through. Understand how everything works, and check operation of the things the dealer rep doesn't cover. Don't sign the acceptance paperwork until you are satisfied that everything is right. If there's something that needs a part, write it on the acceptance paperwork.

It's a good idea to stay at or near the dealership for a day or two. Meet with the Service Manager and get agreement that if you find any problems during that stay, that they'll work on it while you wait rather than having you drop the trailer off.

Here's a link to a folder that has a Pre-Delivery Checklist many people have used.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi everyone,

This forum is great. I have been reading up on everything imaginable and it has been a huge help! My wife and I are 1st time users and we purchased a new Prowler 32LX (haven't picked it up yet-- Saturday is the big day and we are excited.

I have a 2016 F250 (gasoline though) to haul and have a lotof flatbed trailer (dual axles) and boat trailering plus small box trailers butnever a travel trailer. I plan onpracticing a lot at the dealership (Dixie RV in Hammond, LA) before heading on the road.

My main question is for 1[SUP]st[/SUP] time Prowlerbuyers--- is there anything specific I should know about or have the dealeraddress BEFORE I pay for it and we pick it up on Saturday?
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance....

Hey there Dan has given you some great info. I am the state chapter leader for the owners club and I believe my wife has sent you a direct msg introducing ourselves to you. Please consider joining the owners club and attending some rallies in the future. We are headed to Poches Fish Camp the weekend of the 18th if you would like to meet a few of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the forum and family. Take your time on your pre delivery experience. Make sur4e it's under power and hooked to water. Now is the time to catch any loose fittings and wires. If you join the HOC and attend the rallies, you'll have your own personal maintenance crew on hand.lol Again, congrats and hope to meet you down the road.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Welcome to the forum and to the Heartland/Prowler family!

We've had our Prowler for a little over two years now and love it!

As others have said, try to get as much fixed as you can before you pull your new Prowler off of the lot, but don't let the little things get in the way of going out and camping for the rest of the summer camping season!

Make a list of any issues you find and report them to the dealership so that you can take your Prowler to them after the camping season to get any issues resolved during the off season.

Also . . . consider joining the Heartland Owner's Club (HOC) . . .

The benefits are outstanding and you'll find you have a whole new family!

By the way . . . we love pictures around here, so take photos of your setup and post them here for all to see!

ProwlerUtahKOA-P1020457.jpg ProwlerVegasHOC-P1020426.jpg

WalkTheLine

Guys, thanks so much for all the advice, checklists, etc. We will also be joining the club- I have the emails and will get back to them asap when I get a break at the office. We are excited about our new adventure and will definitely post pictures and all! Thanks again...I will post after pickup and let y'all know how it went.

Thanks again!

WalkTheLine

Picked her up this weekend! Headed to Fairview Riverside State Park in Madisonville, LA tomorrow afternoon for a trial run. So far so good...

Attachments

• Prowler 32 Lynx.jpg
    Prowler 32 Lynx.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 33

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on your new Prowler. Glad you finally got to it, and hope your maiden voyage went without any issues. Safe travels. :rolleyes:

Terri

WalkTheLine

Congratulations on your new Prowler. Glad you finally got to it, and hope your maiden voyage went without any issues. Safe travels. :rolleyes:

Terri

Thanks! Our first trip went great! No issues whatsoever but did make a list of things we need such as fans for inside and outside, a propane grill for the outdoor kitchen, etc. So far so good! Only real issue is it is a pain to get in my driveway at home but will get better with time.