Manual operation of an electric slide

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
About the same thing I did when I read about manually operating the hydraulic pump. Bought a 1/4" hex bit and an extension for my drill so I could reach the fitting through the basement wall. Just in case, since all of my slides are hydraulic.

CoveredWagon

Ok one mystery solved. Realizing that somewhere along the way some one would ask me for a motor or gearbox part number, I went back under the bed this morning. Still believing that a square drive was needed, I took along my little pack of various screw bits. Sure enough a S-3 square bit fit perfectly and I was able to turn the motor by hand with ease.
Now the other mystery. Why are some units delivered with required tools and others not. Who's the weak link in this train?
At least I now know what I need and some way I'll get one.

Mikec557

The end of the motor shaft is flush with the end of the motor housing.the is a small hole of some shape in the end of the shaft. I'd be willing to bet that it's a square drive, just like a speedo cable. I'm not in a rush, just trying to follow this on. Nor o will come if Heartland can't help.

Hi all. I know this is an older thread but I came across it while trying to find the exact same thing... The flexible manual drive shaft. I thought I would add what tech support at BAL / Accu-Slide told me. She confirmed the part number above (and today is 04-07-2021). But she added that the drive was either a #2 or #3 square drive, not 1/4in or anything easy. Seems to me I have a square drive screwdriver referred to by someone once as a Roberts drive, or maybe it was a Robertson drive. Be that as it may, I'm off to source that part number. Thanks to everyone who helped illuminate the info in this thread.

Mike

danemayer

Hi all. I know this is an older thread but I came across it while trying to find the exact same thing... The flexible manual drive shaft. I thought I would add what tech support at BAL / Accu-Slide told me. She confirmed the part number above (and today is 04-07-2021). But she added that the drive was either a #2 or #3 square drive, not 1/4in or anything easy. Seems to me I have a square drive screwdriver referred to by someone once as a Roberts drive, or maybe it was a Robertson drive. Be that as it may, I'm off to source that part number. Thanks to everyone who helped illuminate the info in this thread.

Mike

#2 square bits are found in just about any hardware store. #2 square screw drivers are a bit scarcer. They're all over your RV, so you might add them to your toolkit.