Slide Tilting

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
When we went to retract the slides today we noticed that the door side slide began to tilt top side out. We stopped the process and I got out my ladder to see if something was on the top of the slide causing it to jam...nothing, but, the top of the slide was tight against the top of the frame opening. There was nothing to see inside other then a larger gap between the floor and the bottom of the recliners that are mounted in the slide. An inspection of the top of the slides inside showed nothing unusual either. All of the rollers seemed in place on the bottom.

We then extened the slides and by my kneeling on the slide we were able to prevent the tipping enough to get the slide to close. It opened normally at the next campground. I am reluctant to close it again without trying to correct the problem.

We've only had this coach a month so it's under warranty but I'm wondering how long it would take to get a mobile tech to come by. I carry a pretty good assortment of tools and have a brother-in-law less than an hour away to assist if needed. Now I just need to know what's causing the problem!

Richardsrr

If its under warranty, id get your dealer to send someone rather than fixing it yourself which may void the warranty.

DougS

Doug S
Sounds like we have the same problem. At the end of our 2 month trip the top of our door side slide did not come in. I called HL for advice, and I was told this was an unusual problem. I was able to get the wall in by bumping the switch outward, then I brought the wall in inch by inch. The bottom of the slide stays out about 1 1/2". After going under the slide, all of the wall brackets bent. I was able to secure an appointment at the factory where I hope they can determine what happened.

Attachments

• IMG_3943.jpg
    IMG_3943.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 77

NWILSON

Sounds like we have the same problem. At the end of our 2 month trip the top of our door side slide did not come in. I called HL for advice, and I was told this was an unusual problem. I was able to get the wall in by bumping the switch outward, then I brought the wall in inch by inch. The bottom of the slide stays out about 1 1/2". After going under the slide, all of the wall brackets bent. I was able to secure an appointment at the factory where I hope they can determine what happened.
Yep...that's exactly what it looks like!

wdk450

I'm pretty sure Lippert makes the slides as well as the rest of the chassis. You might want to call them and get them involved in this conversation. I'm sure Heartland will bring Lippert in to their plant if you go there for a repair.

DougS

Doug S
I'm pretty sure Lippert makes the slides as well as the rest of the chassis. You might want to call them and get them involved in this conversation. I'm sure Heartland will bring Lippert in to their plant if you go there for a repair.
That is why I requested factory repair so HL can use all of it's resources to find out what happened. The RV was perfectly level when my incident occurred. Before my incident occurred, I had no indication of a wall problem, I believe it is something structural.

NWILSON

I called the Heartland Service line and explained the situation. After determining the type of slide involved, the rep told me where to position the slide, the measurements to look for and how to adjust it. The whole process took about 30 minutes, a tape measure and a 3/4" end wrench.
We've cycled the slides 3 times without a problem so far but will definitely be watching carefully from now on.