Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Saw this from Matthew Olds, Big Country GM:

751a75405a559e7b7ec098b40908f003.jpg

This is the 4010RD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Looks pretty nice!

Jay, sadly this is only one picture. But I see a lot of changes, compared to ours.

New island lights and ceiling treatment.
Lighter countertops.
Vinyl flooring looks different.
Rear wall full cabinetry/tv reduced to counter with movable tv, with window out the back (like the BigHorn 3970).
Fireplace is wall mount rather than inset.
Different wallpaper.
New kitchen faucet.
Furrion gas stove/oven.
New AC vent design/placement and location of ceiling fan.
New window treatments, and wood window frames.
New cabinet glass inserts.
No slide-out facia lights.

Kudos to Heartland for getting rid of a grey-dominant decor!

The cabinetry color and style appears the same. Carpet looks to be a different color. Couches look similar.

Can't wait to see one in person! Love our 4010RD, and it's livability.

Pizzaguy

I am glad I am not the only one who disliked it. We almost bought a Big Country 3560SS as we loved that floorplan, but I could not get past the ugly grey floor and counter tops! Bought 2017 Bighorn 3970 instead.

NYSUPstater

If my Mom read this she would say "Must be a male designed it"!

I agree, am not a huge fan of the grey flooring. Glad we had HL add carpet in LR area as that breaks it up and adds some brightness and softness to the rear of coach. More of a "homey" feeling. Is a riot tho watching the cat chase the lazor light across the lino floor as she goes full bore, puts the brakes on and slides to a stop.

TravelTiger

Our BC has less grey than ones before it, but this is better. At least the picture it's less grey. Will have to see in person.

jimbonnet

We are on the fence between the BH3970RD and the BC4010RD. Both are fantastic and with the updates I'm really leaning toward the Big Country. I really like that extra counter space next to the stove. Ive done some searching but cant find an in depth comparison between Big Country and Big Horn. Are the walls, frame, etc the same in the BC compared to the BH?

Speedy

We are on the fence between the BH3970RD and the BC4010RD. Both are fantastic and with the updates I'm really leaning toward the Big Country. I really like that extra counter space next to the stove. Ive done some searching but cant find an in depth comparison between Big Country and Big Horn. Are the walls, frame, etc the same in the BC compared to the BH?

There is very little difference between a BC and a BH regarding construction and materials, it's most level of luxury and a few feathers. The biggest item I have found between the two is the BC no longer is available with a rear cap. It is now enclosed as basic travel trailers with a panel of the same makeup as the walls. A 50K to 70K trailer built like a 29K trailer is not appealing to me.

BH will have a power cord reel available, rear cap, yeti option. All not available on BC. We liked the BC because it was not as fancy as the BH, we're not fancy people but I wish it could be ordered with many of the BH features or a stripped down BH.

Just my opinion.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
The BC has a modified rear not flat to simulate a rear cap and still has a bumper. Although the cap looks nice we prefer having a bumper.

TravelTiger

The rear cap on BC is no longer the flat back. There is a raised area at the top and at the rear tail lights, which makes it look "nicer" than the flat back wall.

Yeti and power cord reel are available on BC.

jimbonnet

The rear cap on BC is no longer the flat back. There is a raised area at the top and at the rear tail lights, which makes it look "nicer" than the flat back wall.

I do like the look of the raised area it kind of finishes it off while not having a full cap.

Thanks for all the responses to my question. This has been great.

Jim