Ceiling fan switch / Extra switch to nowhere

Mark-Roberta 051995

Good day everyone. My name is Mark and my wife and I will become new owners of a 2017 LM 365 Charleston on 8/19/17. During the PDI work that the dealer has been doing this week since there was plenty to do they came across a dilemma. Where is the switch to the ceiling fan and what is the black switch in the main cabinet (kitchen) next to the inverter switch. What does it do?
I went to the dealer yesterday since my wife said that the ceiling fan switch is in the rear next to the couch - it says "ceiling lights" on it. Hmmm, that doesn't make sense but sure enough if I hit the button the ceiling fan comes on. I thought maybe the ceiling fan had a light kit to it - nope, just a plain old ceiling fan. The Technician was thankful for that but asked why it didn't say ceiling fan. I told him to call Heartland on that one.
Second thing - what is the black toggle switch in the main cabinet next to the white inverter switch? I am new to this uploading but it seems I cannot get a photo to load.

On a good note, of the 38 items that need repaired before we take delivery on Saturday the technicians are moving along well. I have been down there both days this week to speak with them at the end of their shift to see if they have any "concerns". Tomorrow is washer / dryer install along with cutting a hole in the sidewall. The biggest pain in the you know what I have seen so far and it still concerns me is the distance that the side by side RH door of the fridge opens. The handle hits the cabinet knob limiting it to fully open and I cannot get my two bottom crisper drawers open. They are going to adjust the fridge today in hopes I get better clearance. We shall see.

Anyways, we are excited and cannot wait to get this thing in use. This will be our 7th camper and are moving out of a front living Jayco Eagle Premier and will start all over on personalizing this one. Can't wait.

As always, I appreciate all comments and suggestions and look forward to being part of this great group.

God Bless,

Mark

danemayer

Hi Mark,

Congratulations on the new Landmark 365 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There are several possibilities on the unmarked switch. It might be for a) the awning light strip, b) power to the outlet on the doorside, up front, c) power for the custom name sign that hangs on the doorside, up front.

Although it doesn't answer this question, our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide Mid-2017 may answer other questions for you.

Enjoy the rig and check out the Heartland Owners Club. There's always going to be a rally near you. The EVENTS tab at top of page will show you what's coming.

Mark-Roberta 051995

electric panel.jpgIt is the large black toggle on top. I will go to the dealer today and and see what their thoughts are as they do not know either. I look on the link and it showed this switch but no mention of what it is for.

Thanks for the input.

Mark

Mark-Roberta 051995

Jerrod,

Thanks for the response. I went to the dealer yesterday and asked them if they found the items for that switch - nope. They state nothing comes on with it. I proceeded to tell them it is most likely the light under the steps based on everyone's input. We tried and nothing. So I don't know if the bulb is bad, the wire is not connected or what but nothing lit up. I cannot go to the dealer today after work but will go there Friday afternoon. We take delivery on Saturday and the dealer technicians have way more important items to repair and install prior to then.

1. Stacked washer dryer - they put the floor pan in and that's it - scared that this group has to drill a hole in the side for the vent but I have to trust them - right :cool:
2. Adjust and straighten the refrigerator since it is 3" out of level and loose

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jerrod,

Thanks for the response. I went to the dealer yesterday and asked them if they found the items for that switch - nope. They state nothing comes on with it. I proceeded to tell them it is most likely the light under the steps based on everyone's input. We tried and nothing. So I don't know if the bulb is bad, the wire is not connected or what but nothing lit up. I cannot go to the dealer today after work but will go there Friday afternoon. We take delivery on Saturday and the dealer technicians have way more important items to repair and install prior to then.

1. Stacked washer dryer - they put the floor pan in and that's it - scared that this group has to drill a hole in the side for the vent but I have to trust them - right :cool:
2. Adjust and straighten the refrigerator since it is 3" out of level and loose

Tell them not to trust the sticker on the wall for the dryer vent, they need to check with a stud finder and drill pilot holes first. I have read some posts where the sticker was too near a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Tell them not to trust the sticker on the wall for the dryer vent, they need to check with a stud finder and drill pilot holes first. I have read some posts where the sticker was too near a stud.

If I had believed the target sticker on mine, I would have cut a metal stud right in half! Use a stud finder.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
View attachment 53970It is the large black toggle on top. I will go to the dealer today and and see what their thoughts are as they do not know either. I look on the link and it showed this switch but no mention of what it is for.

Thanks for the input.

Mark

Isn't this the switch for the custom name plate you get with Landmarks?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My name plate was USB and hot 24-7
I'm sure things could be different now.
I think he said the step light wasn't working so my bet is on the step light switch. That's the same switch we have in our 2015 LM 365 for the step light.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danemayer

There's another thread where Andy, the LM365 GM said it was for the nameplate power. And yes, on earlier builds the nameplate was not switched - it was hot all the time but power was only used when the nameplate was attached.

Mark-Roberta 051995

Thanks everyone - I will ask the dealer to put a volt meter on the plug outside since the light under the steps is not effected. I guess I need for them to check that out too.