2017 Big Country 3150 RL

Bob Vaughn

Today we looked at this 5th wheel and it has a 22cu Frigidare refrigerator/Freezer side by side. I cannot find out from the literature what size the inverter is or the size of the battery.....

MCTalley

Our 2015 has a side-by-side Frigidaire. 1000W inverter. Two group 27 12V batteries (I think the dealer originally put in group 24's).

Bob Vaughn

Our 2015 has a side-by-side Frigidaire. 1000W inverter. Two group 27 12V batteries (I think the dealer originally put in group 24's).
Have you had any issues with the Frigidare? My wife is concerned about the weight of the refrigerator in the slide out verses a smaller rv type refrigerator...

esscobra

have 3760el with same fridge and inverter- never go back to small non cooling rv units again- love the size and always cold - and stays colder even not using inverter- especially here in southern texas where its been 100+ last few weeks- benn taking small trips and few longer ones since picking up in march- no issues

MCTalley

Have you had any issues with the Frigidare? My wife is concerned about the weight of the refrigerator in the slide out verses a smaller rv type refrigerator...

The Norcold 18 cu. ft. gas absorption refrigerator (I think it is now the standard in Bighorn/Big Country) weighs around 250 lb. A randomly chosen Frigidaire counter depth side-by-side refrigerator on Home Depot showed a weight of 312 lb. or about a 60 pound difference. Not much difference in the grand scheme of things.

We've only had issues with ours based more on the installation than the refrigerator itself. The icemaker water line started leaking behind the unit (not frozen, not under the slide) so we just turned the water shutoff off. We have ice trays we fill the bin with and can still get ice through the door that way.

The only other issue was the factory's mounting method. There was a wood brace above the unit that helped prevent it tipping out of the opening and the brace was just laying on top of the fridge. I put it back upright and screwed it into the sidewalls. Our refrigerator hadn't moved much more than an inch or so prior to that fix and hasn't moved since.