Another Dometic failure!

MP_CS

So my dometic A/C failed for the second time in as many years! It was replaced 6mnths after we purchased our sundance and once again its blowing warm air. It really ticks me off as we HAD reservations at a great ACOE campground this weekend and with temps in the middle 80's and a 8mnth old baby we cancelled because it will be way to hot for her. I know the ac is still under warranty but will dometic cover the repair also? If not will they drop ship me one so i can? Did dometic fix these pieces of junk yet? Really irritated by this.

sdwelling

These Dometic units aren't really serviceable from what I understand. When I called Dometic to ask about getting a service manual, I was told that they don't have one... I explained that I wanted it for my HVAC professional

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MP_CS

These Dometic units aren't really serviceable from what I understand. When I called Dometic to ask about getting a service manual, I was told that they don't have one... I explained that I wanted it for my HVAC professional

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yea unfortunetly im aware they are not repairable. I just am wondering if dometic will cover the labor to swap out the old unit for the new?

TxCowboy

Unless I'm missing something from this thread, some parts are repairable and/or replaceable. Just had my bedroom AC fail after two years and it was the capacitor. Replace by a mobile tech for $63 plus the service call charge.

Much cheaper than replacing the entire unit.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Unless I'm missing something from this thread, some parts are repairable and/or replaceable. Just had my bedroom AC fail after two years and it was the capacitor. Replace by a mobile tech for $63 plus the service call charge.

Much cheaper than replacing the entire unit.

Our start motor capacitor on our 2016 unit was replaced last week. $44 + mobile charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

While trying to researching our problem, I found this:

View attachment Service Parts Detail - parts.pdfView attachment Service Parts Detail.pdf

MP_CS

my compressor is starting, theres just no refrigerant left to pump. Its lost its charge again so I' ll need a new unit. My question is sinse its under dometics 3yr warranty but out of the Heartland warranty will someone cover the labor or will i be stuck with it?

danemayer

my compressor is starting, theres just no refrigerant left to pump. Its lost its charge again so I' ll need a new unit. My question is sinse its under dometics 3yr warranty but out of the Heartland warranty will someone cover the labor or will i be stuck with it?

As Dometic warrants the unit, they're best able to answer the question. Why don't you call them.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

My experience was this:

Called Dometic warranty department. Explained my situation. They recommend a certified Dometic Repair facility do the work. (They have a search on their website.) I had already called them and could not get service for 4 weeks or more. So I explained I had a mobile tech coming that was not a Dometic recommended tech, because we were experiencing 100* days and we live in the RV. They said they would send me a form to return for consideration for reimbursement.

The form states it's at their discretion whether they reimburse you for anything. I had to include the diagnostics, itemized repair bill, part model and serial number, photo of the damaged part, proof of purchase, and a reason why I did not use a Dometic certified service center, and hold on to the part in case they need it returned to them.

I emailed the info, and got a reply that they received it the next day. I think it said it could take up to 30 days to get a response.

dave10a

My experience was this:

Called Dometic warranty department. Explained my situation. They recommend a certified Dometic Repair facility do the work. (They have a search on their website.) I had already called them and could not get service for 4 weeks or more. So I explained I had a mobile tech coming that was not a Dometic recommended tech, because we were experiencing 100* days and we live in the RV. They said they would send me a form to return for consideration for reimbursement.

The form states it's at their discretion whether they reimburse you for anything. I had to include the diagnostics, itemized repair bill, part model and serial number, photo of the damaged part, proof of purchase, and a reason why I did not use a Dometic certified service center, and hold on to the part in case they need it returned to them.

I emailed the info, and got a reply that they received it the next day. I think it said it could take up to 30 days to get a response.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Dometic and other suppliers of RV equipment, make people jump thru hoops to get warranty work done when people use their RV to live in. Too me it is poor business practice and limited concern towards the folks. Anyway good luck at dealing with them.

MP_CS

As Dometic warrants the unit, they're best able to answer the question. Why don't you call them.

Just did! They told me yes they're fully aware that the units had problems and it will be covered 100% parts and labor, they recommended i take it back to my dealer for diag/replacement. I asked wether or not they got the known problem resolved and she says they did, guess we'll see. I would rather not take it back to the dealer as Its a 2.5hr drive so they gave me the number for a closer repair facility. I called them and they got me in next week and told me they've replaced quite a few of them, the service manager even told me one customer is on their 5th unit. They told me dometic is very good at authorizing the repairs and that it should take no longer than a week to get me back up and running. They said very rarely they run into problems but if their time goes over the dometic authorized repair time i would be responsible for the excess labor, but he assured me that it rarely happens.

Captainmike

Just did! They told me yes they're fully aware that the units had problems and it will be covered 100% parts and labor, they recommended i take it back to my dealer for diag/replacement. I asked wether or not they got the known problem resolved and she says they did, guess we'll see. I would rather not take it back to the dealer as Its a 2.5hr drive so they gave me the number for a closer repair facility. I called them and they got me in next week and told me they've replaced quite a few of them, the service manager even told me one customer is on their 5th unit. They told me dometic is very good at authorizing the repairs and that it should take no longer than a week to get me back up and running. They said very rarely they run into problems but if their time goes over the dometic authorized repair time i would be responsible for the excess labor, but he assured me that it rarely happens.
Which unit do you have? Brisk II?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captainmike

I'm shopping for a second unit now, and Heartland recommended the brisk 2. I have a Coleman unit on it now and may just go back with another Coleman unit so I can use the same plenum inside. Still shopping though.

MP_CS

I'm shopping for a second unit now, and Heartland recommended the brisk 2. I have a Coleman unit on it now and may just go back with another Coleman unit so I can use the same plenum inside. Still shopping though.

If i were u i would stick with the coleman then. Ive had my brisk 2 replaced three times now, hopefully they’ve finally fixed the underlying cause but i dont think if i were in you’re position I’d take a chance.

Sowie

I have 3 Brisk II on my 2016 cyclone 4200 and went out to check on things for an upcoming trip and found the middle and rear not blowing cold. Called my local Mobil Rv repair and they determined no refrigerant so 2 new ac units are coming under warranty. I still have a few months left of the 2 year warranty so I think I’m going to run the heck out of my front ac to make sure it doesn’t have a problem. Has anyone purchased the 3 year extended warranty directly from Dometic that they offer? Also what the cost was and since they have so many of these units going bad if they felt it was worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
On Wednesday a mobile tech confirmed what I already knew, front AC doesn’t cool. New blizzard unit on the way. Covered by dometic warranty, 3 months left. My out of pocket is the mobile tech fee but I’m good with that. Immediate service. First opening in the shop was 3 weeks out.