Side by side refrigerator opening distance

Mark-Roberta 051995

Good day everyone. Since my wife and I have not taken delivery of our LM 365 Charleston yet I will post my concern here (8/25/17). I have been working with the dealer everyday this week on some concerns but there is one that seems no one is addressing or getting answers to.
Our side by side refrigerator (freezer on left side) does not allow us to fully open the right side door. The handle of the fridge hits the opposing cabinet door handle. It also does not open far enough to let us open the 2 crisper drawers on the bottom fully - I would say 30% open is all. While opening the crisper drawer it hits the rubber seal of the door. If you force the drawer to slide open around the seal it hits the bottom door tray within the door. This make sense so far as I do not have photo's yet of the door opened?
fridge door.jpg

The dealer has moved the fridge over as far as possible to the left and out as far as it can. Is there a different fridge that be swapped out so I can use 100% of the fridge? Is this something that Heartland has seen in the past and now made changes? Ours was built in 12/16. Any help or knowledge of this concern from other owners would be greatly appreciated. Can I just call customer service or a Heartland Rep. to discuss my options since my selling dealer is not (in my mind) pushing the issue hard enough to get a resolve.

Thanks everyone and enjoy your Friday.

Mark

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Looks like we have the same fridge and the same setup and it has not been an issue for us. It is a little tricky to get the drawers all the way out to clean them but doable.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LBR

It's hard to see from pic how the door handle can hit the right side cabinets when opening only 30°. Looks like the door could do almost a full 90°?...another pic probably will clear it up tho.

Dealer said it is as far left and out as possible....if it could be pulled out away from wall a bit more, would that help you just a little, or could help you with a big time remedy?

Mark-Roberta 051995

It's hard to see from pic how the door handle can hit the right side cabinets when opening only 30°. Looks like the door could do almost a full 90°?...another pic probably will clear it up tho.

Dealer said it is as far left and out as possible....if it could be pulled out away from wall a bit more, would that help you just a little, or could help you with a big time remedy?

Hi and thanks - Maybe I didn't explain it correctly - the door will open 90+ degrees but the crisper drawer only can be opened (slide out) about 30 percent (%) of the way since it is hitting the seal and the bottom door tray. The door tray will be removed so that will help. Photos to be posted later as I will visit the dealer after work today.

Thanks,

Mark

LBR

Hi and thanks - Maybe I didn't explain it correctly - the door will open 90+ degrees but the crisper drawer only can be opened (slide out) about 30 percent (%) of the way since it is hitting the seal and the bottom door tray. The door tray will be removed so that will help. Photos to be posted later as I will visit the dealer after work today.

Thanks,

Mark
My bad..I misread it as the door itself...need more coffee this morning!.. lol

Mark-Roberta 051995

Call Heartland and ask to talk to the Landmark General Manager.

Hey Bill, I will have to wait to get the VIN# today after work as I am sure that is the first thing they are going to ask. I will take possession of the unit until next week, so will that be an issue?

Thanks,

Mark

wdk450

Hey Bill, I will have to wait to get the VIN# today after work as I am sure that is the first thing they are going to ask. I will take possession of the unit until next week, so will that be an issue?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark:
I think you could explain to Heartland that this is a PRE-PURCHASE CONCERN, and that will probably get you a lot of attention, and you shouldn't need a VIN for your questions. If the Landmark General Manager is not available, ask whoever is on the phone for his e-mail address.
You might send a PM to Jim Beletti to get the name of the Landmark General Manager (search Jim's name to find one of his posts, then click on his name on the left top to get a Private Message setup).
Congrats to a final stages prospective Landmark Owner.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have the same refrigerator (Frigidaire) and have had one drawer that drags against the outside rubber seal of the refrig. There is enough play in the drawer that I can open it pulling it more toward the left side to clear the seal without drag. As for the door hitting the cabinet knobs, I use the Velcro that we wrap the handles to help keep the doors from opening while traveling, wrapping it in the area where the door hits the knob. Something ya have to think out the box to come up with some solutions. Sorry that I can't give ya a picture in that the camper is back at the dealer. We lost the compressor on the refrig so the extended warranty is replacing the guts of the refrig.

jbeletti

Hi Mark - I responded to your PM a few minutes ago with Andy's contact info. That said, I think Customer Service can better serve you on this matter - 877-262-8032.

I had that same refer in 2 different coaches. Same issue as you. But, I was always able to finesse the drawer out when needed.

Heartland used that Frigidaire refer for many years and just recently began using the Insignia brand refer. I like some features of the Insignia better and some features of the Frigidaire better.

Mark-Roberta 051995

Thanks everyone - an email was sent over the weekend and a phone call will be placed today. Her are a few photo's of what I am seeing. I agree with NABO that the drawers can be finessed to make it work

IMG_3327.jpg IMG_3331.jpg