Is this normal craftsmanship?

VTA_slug

When Toyota starts building RV's , that is when this industry will have to change to compete with a higher end product , until then we will have to deal with what they are rolling out with a premium price tag , just because the rv industry is seeing such a good economy.
That would also be something I would like to see!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MillerTime802

The World According to MillerTime:

If you have an RV, you must be mechanically handy. They are very inexpensively manufacturered, using (for the most part) the lightest materials they can find with some concept of structure. Make sure you have tools, lots of them, and a mini-home Depot stash of repair stuff. Shotty interior construction as you pictured with the funky covers is par for the course. Just modify and clean up all that stuff, and tons of other things. Pretty soon, you'll have your RV in the shape you thought it would be in after purchasing it.

I purchased mine last September 2016 and have been modifying it to suit our needs/wants. I still have tons of stuff on the list to do.

Good Luck

We just recently bought our 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4005 April 14, 2018 and it was delivered in May. We have had problems non-stop with the fridge(hasn't worked since June 11th), ac, tanks, and this morning I woke up to a putrid smell. I went outside and our batteries were literally boiling and smoke was pouring out of the battery compartment. We had an issue last week we called Heartland about and it was determined that we needed a new converter. Now I suspect we will need new batteries too. It's literally something else broken every week. What did we buy ??:mad:

carl.swoyer

D&D,
Sorry for all your problems.
Unfortunately yes, we have all been honored with the same issues that your having. My 2012 Landmark Rushmore was in repair (9 months) to include a trip to the factory. It doesn't matter if you buy a prevost or a Heartland product. They are all production line issues.
That being said I am confident to tell you Heartland customer service will fix everything.
My landmark is 6 & 1/2 years old and I'm extremely happy with it.
This of course is not an enjoyable experience for you. It's going to be corrected all of it.
Hang in there
We just recently bought our 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4005 April 14, 2018 and it was delivered in May. We have had problems non-stop with the fridge(hasn't worked since June 11th), ac, tanks, and this morning I woke up to a putrid smell. I went outside and our batteries were literally boiling and smoke was pouring out of the battery compartment. We had an issue last week we called Heartland about and it was determined that we needed a new converter. Now I suspect we will need new batteries too. It's literally something else broken every week. What did we buy ??:mad:

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We bought our 2018 4200 in April, sight unseen from east coast, delivered to us on the west coast. If we would have seen it in person, not sure we would have gone with it. We have a handful of issues also, we'll be calling in for some warranty work real soon! Our master bedroom window leaks like crazy! Hello rain season!
Hoping their customer service stands strong, so I can at least be proud of that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk