Is this normal craftsmanship?

VTA_slug

I just bought a cyclone 3600 and I'm going through this thing because I bought it sight unseen from Ohio and I finally have it here in California. I'm Just wondering if this is normal craftsmanship? It seems pretty low budget for a $60k+ rig.
e99a3a8d0ffa597c9397a830b3e3eb97.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi VTA_Slug,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

This looks more like a modification gone wrong, or maybe an inexperienced dealer tech trying to do something for a potential buyer who didn't care for the outcome.

VTA_slug

Thanks. I may just remove the ugly kicker and find a better solution. Any ideas? I'm thinking those wire hiders that are square with the sticky back. I Can just run the wiring inside of that.

MP_CS

Yep, thats about right. Welcome to the world of RV's. When worked installing telephone systems years ago we use the exact stuff you are describing, its called wire mold and most big box stores will have it.

fastcarsspeed

Is that for the power options of the couch? Very odd how it is wired up. I understand that it is behind the couch and no one will see it but still very weird to see that done.

VTA_slug

I think the conduit box near the back is the power for the couch. This other wire... I have no clue what it is for..?

pjones1969

The slanted piece should be covering the back of the outside speaker, mines like that, pretty shoddy design but I guess they have the "out of sight.....out of mind" or "can't see it from my house" mentality

VTA_slug

The kicker just hides the one wire. The outside speakers are located in a different spot.

VTA_slug

Actually I'm wrong. You are right. The square patches are the speakers and now that you said that.. that wire is for the speaker.. pretty ugly regardless.

pjones1969

I looked at mine again, I have the slanted board the entire length, not just in a few spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Securityman

Now go in the storage area up front and unscrew the screws on the boards , and take a look back there so you really see what you just bought ! 😜😜😜

I spent a few day fixing and redoing stuff the right way ! The whole RV industry has the worst craftsman ship know to man . I bet the true cost on these things are about 10,000 bucks if that .

VTA_slug

Now go in the storage area up front and unscrew the screws on the boards , and take a look back there so you really see what you just bought !

I spent a few day fixing and redoing stuff the right way ! The whole RV industry has the worst craftsman ship know to man . I bet the true cost on these things are about 10,000 bucks if that .

CoveredWagon

Now go in the storage area up front and unscrew the screws on the boards , and take a look back there so you really see what you just bought ! 😜😜😜

and while you're there check the outlet for the converter. The plug kept falling out of mine. 😡 Not any longer

donr827

I would think that since a few companies own most of the manufacturers might be a reason why some of the quality has gone down across the board. Bean counters.
Don

meagle

No matter what the wires are for it is extremely shoddy work. I would love to see a "Consumer Reports" for RV manufacturers. Once their sales are based on a dependable product that has excellent fit and finish we will continue to see this type poor craftsmanship.

VTA_slug

No matter what the wires are for it is extremely shoddy work. I would love to see a "Consumer Reports" for RV manufacturers. Once their sales are based on a dependable product that has excellent fit and finish we will continue to see this type poor craftsmanship.

Securityman

When Toyota starts building RV's , that is when this industry will have to change to compete with a higher end product , until then we will have to deal with what they are rolling out with a premium price tag , just because the rv industry is seeing such a good economy.

VTA_slug

I'd also like to see that!!