New Pioneer BH270 Refridgarator not working

So we re on our first trip with the camper. We leveled the camper out and the fridge won't come on. Ours is a Domestic one. Only has two buttons. One for on or off and the other is auto or gas. We tried the auto button, which is should choose between electric or gas. And after 10 minutes the check light comes on. We are hooked up to shore power and the gas does work. We are using the stove just fine. Gas heater and gas water heater is working. We checked the circuit breaker and there isn't one for the fridge. Took the panel off outside, unplugged it and plugged it back in. Short of taking it back to camping world to have looked at, what else are we missing?

Thanks
John

JDvorak

In the manual it says if the check lite is on it will only work on LP it will take some time for it to chill down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

The refrigerator circuit board may need 12V DC in order to run. If you have a blown fuse on one of the circuit boards on the back side of the refrigerator, or if your Power Converter is not working correctly, you might have a 12V DC problem.

Also, on the 120V AC side, you should either use a meter or another plug in device to ensure the outlet used by the refrigerator has 120V AC.

Oregon_Camper

Re: New Pioneer BH270 Refridarator not working

I think your frig needs 12v power to run....even if you're plugged into shore power. Can you test your battery voltage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Re: New Pioneer BH270 Refridarator not working

Battery voltage is fine. Plug going to fridge works just fine, even after the check light comes on the fridge. I am taking it back to Camper World for them to fix.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

John

Power247

I'm interested in the out come on this. We have the same unit in our Pioneer but so far ours has been trouble free.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Power247

Do you just hit the auto button and it starts working?

John
Yes. I leave ours on auto all the time. The only time I remember the light blinking was when we were at the storage lot and tried to start on gas before a trip. Turned out the battery was almost drained but once I hooked up to the truck all was well.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

I know it's been a while since I updated this topic. So here is what we found out. And was as recent as last weekend.

We head up to Michigan and we set everything up and we bought a spare electric fridge. I get everything all good and ready and I went out to check that everything was connected and secure (I have 15 year old boy with an attention span of a gnat and his attention to detail is just not there)

Checked all the power lines and water lines. Start checking the gas lines. Propane tank is open. Valve is pointing the right way. Check the furnace, make sure nothing got in there. Check the to make sure the water heater is working. Then I go back outside and notice right past where the fridge is but by the tire, sort of, there is a gas connection line. No tag or nothing. Look at it and the valve is open. I was huh. Didn't remember seeing that before.

It's not very visible. So we shut the valve and I go in and just for poops and giggles test to see if the fridge will turn on. After 5 min. It was working.

So to test my theory of it being that valve open that was causing the fridge to stop working I opened it back up and sure enough the fridge turns off.

Now it looks like the valve is after the fridge. But just the connection point is. Underneath the 'T' is right before the fridge. The fridge is the end of the line. So when we opened the valve no gas was going to the fridge.

I am guessing that valve is for an external connection like a grill or something like that. Any thoughts?

John

Oregon_Camper

I think you're right....with one question.

Normally those external connections have a "snap" connection, that would also stop the gas from flowing (in addition to the valve)

Can you post a picture of the gas line in question?