Soundbar question 2018 4005

pmcmath

Can the soundbar and surround be used with the TV when hooked to cable in a campground. It seems the only time the surround can be used is if we are playing a DVD through the player.

danemayer

It depends on how the soundbar and any other speakers are hooked up. On our 2011 Landmark, the speakers are all attached to the surround sound device. Since the DVD player is built into that device its sound plays through the speakers. There was no connection between TV audio out and surround sound device inputs.

I added a cable from TV audio output to surround sound audio input. However, when watching Directv, the audio lagged the video by quite a bit, possibly because the Directv device was a DVR. To fix that I took off the first cable and ran a cable from the Directv receiver audio output to the surround sound audio input.

You should take a look at the soundbar and TV manuals to see what kinds of inputs and outputs they have. Then refer to our RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide to see what cable or other devices you might need to make the connection.

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
We had the same problem with our Cyclone. I finally replaced the cheap RCA receiver with a Yamaha and used the RCA as a componant for DVD's with the new receiver. Now all input goes to the receiver and from there to the TV. We also replaced the sub woofer and now have fairly good surround sound system. I plan to replace the surround speakers next year.The receiver also has a tuner so it solved the problem of no radio in the living area. The receiver, sub woofer and digital media player were all under $400.00.

pmcmath

Thanks for the replies. We are satisfied with the surround as it is set up currently. It's not bad for camping lol.

Can the soundbar and surround be used with the TV when hooked to cable in a campground. It seems the only time the surround can be used is if we are playing a DVD through the player.

I keep seeing where you say surround sound, in my 4005 I have the speaker above my tv, should I have more speakers somewhere ?

We had the same problem with our Cyclone. I finally replaced the cheap RCA receiver with a Yamaha and used the RCA as a componant for DVD's with the new receiver. Now all input goes to the receiver and from there to the TV. We also replaced the sub woofer and now have fairly good surround sound system. I plan to replace the surround speakers next year.The receiver also has a tuner so it solved the problem of no radio in the living area. The receiver, sub woofer and digital media player were all under $400.00.
Ii have a 2018 4005 and I'm wanting to replace the RCA DVD system with a surround sound av receiver. You mentioned you replaced yours with a Yamaha. Do you have the model number and did you put it in the same spot where the RCA was? The space seems so small so just trying to figure out what will fit and if any modifications are necessary.

Thank you,
David Ward

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jleavitt11

Ii have a 2018 4005 and I'm wanting to replace the RCA DVD system with a surround sound av receiver. You mentioned you replaced yours with a Yamaha. Do you have the model number and did you put it in the same spot where the RCA was? The space seems so small so just trying to figure out what will fit and if any modifications are necessary.

Thank you,
David Ward

It was a Yamaha RX-V377 5.1-Channel A/V Home Theater Receiver. I had to extend the cabinet 3" to get the reciever to fit. I bought some 3" trim from Heartland that matched the cabinet, attached it on end and then moved the doors out. I was a pretty simple mod. It took about 2 hours. We still use the RCA as a DVD player. I could attach some pictures of the extension on the cabinet if it would help.

It was a Yamaha RX-V377 5.1-Channel A/V Home Theater Receiver. I had to extend the cabinet 3" to get the reciever to fit. I bought some 3" trim from Heartland that matched the cabinet, attached it on end and then moved the doors out. I was a pretty simple mod. It took about 2 hours. We still use the RCA as a DVD player. I could attach some pictures of the extension on the cabinet if it would help.
Pictures would be great!

jleavitt11

Just checking to see if you had a chance to take some pics of the mod for the receiver.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay. The snow had me blocked form getting inside. The pictures are not the best but you can see how I extended the cabinet with the material I ordered from Heartland. I tried everything to get the pictures upright.IMG_2238.jpgIMG_2236a.jpgIMG_2237.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 32
No problem, thanks for the pics. I had seen your post on my phone and didn't notice you had a 4250. We have a 4005 so our cabinet much different and even less room but I appreciate your time.

mlpeloquin

Ours had RCA jacks, but the new TV only had optical out. Turns out that there are optical to RCA, Optical to HDMI, and vice versa available. So I used a optical to RCA jack adapter. Purchased on ebay. Cheep and works well. So see just what output your TV has and what input is available on your surround system. Perhaps an adapter will work for you.

Thanks...I was hoping to hear from anyone who replaced the Blu Ray surround player with an actual av receiver and fit it in the same space. The 4005 has very limited space in that cabinet under the TV.

emery395

Trying to get tv audio to come out on surround sound on our 2017 cyclone 4005. Read thru ducumentation but still stumped.
are there special setting choices required in settings of each device

@@@ aha small white aux in button on DVR remote did the trick. @@@@

Last edited: