Ants in the kitchen

Jtmitchem

While I know that you are probably thinking, "get rid of the crumbs"... But there ants are coming through the kitchen window. They seem to be coming through the vents in the frame. Has anyone had experience with this? Any solutions?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

While I know that you are probably thinking, "get rid of the crumbs"... But there ants are coming through the kitchen window. They seem to be coming through the vents in the frame. Has anyone had experience with this? Any solutions?

we have been at several places where ants find their way in. We now carry the cheapest powdered 'comet' we can find. Sprinkle it around anything that touches the ground- jacks, tires etc. really, really helps. Also watch overhead branches that might be touching your rig- yep, they'll come in that way too!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Terro brand baits and sprays work really well to end ant issues, inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
If you don't want poison or cleaners around and loose (pet concerns), try diatomaceous[FONT=&quot][/FONT] earth or DE. We use it and have great results against all creepy critters including spiders. It is non-toxic and a natural substance. You can get food grade and garden grade.

porthole

Retired
Terro brand baits and sprays work really well to end ant issues, inside and out.

After the last posting session on ants I purchased several varieties of Terro product.

In the rig - the ants may go into the trap and then go back to wherever, theoretically to poison the rest of the bunch. But what they really do is leave a sticky mess wherever the crawl around.
I would suggest not using the traps near carpet

At home I used several different Terro types around the foundation and yard.

I have seen the ants doing back strokes in the small liquid traps, doesn't seem to faze them.

In other traps that are supposed to be effective at about 10-12 days of use, I have seen what amounted to a smorgasbord of feeding ants at almost 3 weeks.

So - your mileage may vary

Jtmitchem

I guess my main concern is the ants coming through the window. When outside I can see through the small vent at bottom of window. I know they are coming in there, but don't know how to fix that.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have read that ants don't like cinnamon. You could try putting some where they are coming in.