Landmark 365 Roof Construction - questions

jlsr

Hi,
We have some questions regarding the roof construction and materials, as well as some general questions. Hopefully someone can assist us as the dealer we have been discussing the RV with hasn't been able to reply with an answer. I have searched Heartland's website, and the web, and can't find the answers.

First, we would like to know what the roof insulation material is. We are hoping it is not Styrofoam... also are the A/Cs fully ducted?
Does the Landmark struggle to keep the interior cool when the temps are in upper 90s - 100s?

Are the walls of the slides insulated as well? How about the floor?

We are looking at an Oshkosh, as we decided the Louisville will not work for us. We really like the Oshkosh floorplan, and would love to know what others who have this model think of it, and if there are issues, etc.

Thanks!

danemayer

Hi jlsr,

You might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Landmark 365 sales.

All the A/C units are ducted into a single system.

If you expect to be in temps around 100, or higher, I'd suggest having 3 A/C units. On larger units, 2 A/C units can have a hard time keeping up.

In the past, a laminated multi-layer structure has been used on floor and ceiling, including styrofoam as the insulator. The walls are also insulated.

If you select the YETI option, you'll also get radiant foil in front and rear caps, and I believe in the slide floors as well.

Last edited:

TxCowboy

Here on the coast of South Texas during the summer, we have very high temps accompanied by very high humidity. Heat indices frequently exceed 110 or more.

Landmarks, Big Countries, and similar large models have a VERY hard time keeping cool with just two ACs. Our 2015 Key West has three 13.5K ACs and we rarely set the thermostats below 76 degrees during the day -- it's just too cold! The Energy Management Systems does an awesome job of managing three ACs and the other power demands (cooktop, microwave, washer/dryer, and dish washer).

HTH

jlsr

Thank you TxCowboy, it's good to hear the 3 acs will keep up with the Texas heat. We are in Texas also.

The units we are considering have 3 A/C units with heat pump option.

We are also considering waiting for the next model version to see what changes will be made. We don't want the gas oven, prefer to have more storage. Have found a couple in stock like that online but will have to drive aways to see them.

Thanks again,

NYSUPstater

I have a question and not meaning to hijack the thread here, but is a 3rd A/C an option now? Seems like a lot of juice being supplied w/ 50amp cable. May want to consider add'l tinting of windows if in a hot climate. Read either here or on TL forum that some have done it and saw greatly reduced heat indexes inside coach.

davidaf

We have 3 ACs and have done well up to 115, our max thus far. Granted it's the less humid west but we did fine. Re energy management, we can't run the dryer with 3 ACs running. The power management system simply doesn't shut the dryer or the middle AC down fast enough so we sometimes trip the breaker.

We were on 30 amp service a couple weeks back when temps hit the high 90's. The power management system did very well but we were still stuck with a single AC unit.. That was unbearable. These rigs are big, 3 units is almost a must in the hotter parts of the country unless you can find some good shade for the whole rig.

esscobra

I too live in texas- got one of the first with the newer roof/insulation units- have the 2 a/c with heat pump - and so far this summer I have been happy with the performance f the 2 units- I tried to have factory run a extra wire where maxxair fan is in anticipation of needing a 3rd a/c- but with new ducting/insulation design am happy with units ability to keep cool with the 2 units and don't think I will be adding the 3rd unit. - but I also have dual-pane windows and slide toppers- but if I was to order and 3rd a/c was a option- I would order it just in case and as a backup