ATF: Cyclone - Red Lighted Switch

Remastoy

For the life of me I can not figure out what the Red Lighted Switch below Power Panel in the living room is for. It is a white switch plate cover

I have left it on with the switch glowing red and I have turned it off. I can not see any difference in any of the electrical parts of the Rig.

What pray tell is it for????

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like that is for the electrical side of your water heater.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Most likely the switch is for the electric heating element in the water heater. If it has been turned on and no water in the water heater it is most likely burned out.

The other thing it could be for is if the unit is equipped with the Yeti package for cold weather it could be for the heaters for the waste tanks, which should be off unless it is cold and you have some water in the tanks.

porthole

Retired
This has come up so many times on the forum you would think by now at least the dealers would make it a point to point it out !
Or at least label it from the factory.

emery395

so I have the same switch on my new 4005 and no documentation. Based on the responses the answer did not seem clear, is it the electric element of water heater? It would seem logical that the entire panel would have a diagram with explanations for each switch.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
so I have the same switch on my new 4005 and no documentation. Based on the responses the answer did not seem clear, is it the electric element of water heater? It would seem logical that the entire panel would have a diagram with explanations for each switch.
If you have 2 small switches side by side on the main switch panel to select gas or electric (or both) for the water heater, that lone switch will be for powering the heating blankets on your holding tanks (the Yeti Package). If there is only a gas switch on the panel your lone lighted switch is for electric power to the water heater.
If you have a small white panel with a spring loaded rocker switch and a green light, it's to turn on the inverter for a residential refrigerator.

LBR

Unless the factory "switched" it up on your CY...

The red lit 120 V switch is for the pads on bottom of tanks....part of the Yeti package....do not turn on and leave on unless you have a few gallons of liquid in all tanks or you could have a melt-thru.

The smaller black 12 V rocker switch, probably labelled "Yeti", is for the fresh water line heater.

deonb

Unless the factory "switched" it up on your CY...

The red lit 120 V switch is for the pads on bottom of tanks....part of the Yeti package....do not turn on and leave on unless you have a few gallons of liquid in all tanks or you could have a melt-thru.

The smaller black 12 V rocker switch, probably labelled "Yeti", is for the fresh water line heater.

Does the 12V rocker switch have any effect if you're running from a water tank? (Or is it just for shore water?)